Skinning Pit

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by mekquake, Oct 30, 2010.

1. mekquake

mekquake Forerunner

Hello to one and all.

After a major forge sessoin and extensive testing I've come up with my first original map. May I present to you Skinnig Pit.

[​IMG]

This is a symmetrical map with a blue and red base on either side. There are another four buildings in the middle and all are connected by walkways. Running through the middle is a figure of eight trench for sneaking up on the opponents base.

Wepons on the map

DMR - 12
    Needle Rifle - 6
    needler - 2
    Grenade Launcher - 1
    Concussion Rifle - 1
    Plasma Pistol - 2
    Rocket Launcher - 1
    Energy Sword - 1
    Gravity Hammer - 1
    Grenades - 8
    Plasma Grenades - 8

And here are some pictures of the map and as a bonus, a little walkthrough video.

Overall View

[​IMG]

Blue base

[​IMG]

Overhead view of the trench

[​IMG]

The middle

[​IMG]

In the trench

[​IMG]

Walkthrough

YouTube - reach8241701 11661863

I hope you all enjoy this map I've created and any comments / criticisms are more than welcome.

#1 mekquake, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  2. Nexx

Nexx Forerunner

Really well thought out map, set up really well for two flag. Love the trenches along the bottom, this map seriously deserves more attention.

3. Hogframe

Hogframe Ancient

I like the way you made it so that a player has several options to get from Poin A to Point B. CTF and TS on this map really take full advantage of this. The one thing I wish you'd do in a V2 is make the upper walkways more accesible from the middle. From what I've seen, there's only two ways per side of the map to get up there. Adding one or two additional ramps near the middle of the map would add to the "multiple paths" idea behind this map, and would allow for more intricate strategies for the Rocket Rush.

Also, consider moving the Snipers to a more easily accesible and more dangerous location. I doubt new players on this map will be able to find them, and for the people who do find them, they'll basically get them for free, with no risk whatsoever involved. You're also given a wide view accross most of the map. Perhaps a Shotgun with no extra clips could be added in the trenches or the middle level to help balance the Sniper and Rockets, and to add variety.

The reason I'm telling you all this is because I think your map has real potential. I wouldn't waste all the time I spent writing this if I didn't think it could help you imprive your map.

Cheers,
    HarisSales.

#3 Hogframe, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010