Sketchtastic (Infection)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by shawnatacobell, Oct 19, 2010.

1. shawnatacobell

shawnatacobell Forerunner

[​IMG]

My map starts out at an outpost. Humans have magnums and little ammo so use it wisely. They must trek to the house to acquire weapons and make their way to the final base.

They can take a fast route by mongoose but be warned, it attracts lots of attention. Weapons are scarce along the way to the house unless you go out of your way to find them but they are in dangerous places.

Once you make it to the house look for weapons. You'll need them. Every level has more powerful weapons but every level also has a higher danger level. (Not too many weapons. 2-3 a level. My map is balanced for zombies and humans)

Once you have decided that you are fully equipped for the last stand or you are being chased by ruthless zombies drop down through the escape chute. You can NOT drop one level at a time, once you leave the building you're done.

Finally travel to the last base and dock if you're lucky to survive this long. This is where you use your chosen weapons to make your final stand. (Once your out of ammo your screwed so make sure you got enough at the house)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see my map is focused on acquiring weapons and then using them to defend your self and rack up the kills. Ammo is also scarce so it gives you incentive to travel to the house. Gameplay is balanced for zombies so no infinite ammo and weapons have reasonable clips. Most of the time only 1-3 humans make it to the dock so it's not a slaughter fest. The final survivors also NEED to conserve ammo or they won't survive for long

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My map is NOT up yet but will be soon. I'm still making aesthetic touches and final testing. If you want to test say so here and if you have any ideas or changes you think I should make say so also. I have a little bit of budget left so I could add some things here and there. So give me some feedback and I will post the map ASAP.

2. southerndawg777

southerndawg777 Forerunner

I like the concept of a 'Left4Dead' Feel, But my first comment would be that I want to know just as much about the gametype as the map itself. The gametype to create such a feel would have to be very immersive and, like left4dead, would have to lead the humans in a structured path while moving the spawn points of the zombies so that they are always close to the action.

As for the zombies if the humans start with magnums I am assuming it will be zombies with no shield that are fast. If they had shields i feel as if it would be way too one sided unless the Humans got some real good power weapons

The concept I really like. It brings a different feel to the halo zombie scene thats hard to replicate in a game like this. I personally like left4dead and the sequel so I am excited to try this. I would suggest posting it and just say V1.0 that way you can get more immersive feedback.

Tl:DR

-Need expansive detailed custom gametype
    -Spawns need to ALWAY be close to 'victims'
    -Post the test map so people can really give a good review

3. MidnightGenesis

MidnightGenesis Forerunner

Sounds fairly similar to Haunted House on Foundry in H3. Good concept and utilization of Forge World, though, if it turns out to be like what I'm imagining it to be.