Skate Park

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by ScarFac3d, Jul 16, 2008.

?

How Good Is This Map?(1-10, Ten=Best)

1. 10

94 vote(s)
    68.1%
  2. 8-9

31 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. 6-7

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. 4-5

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. 2-3

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. 1

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Time to make a new one..... Because this one gets old after a while.

2. ezekeil20five17

ezekeil20five17 Ancient

the curves on this are amazing you should post a tutorial of how you did it forge disscussion + rep if you do

3. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

this is the best map i've ever seen for a skate park
    i downloaded it no doubt, i love this map, fun to mess around on lol

4. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

wow this looks incredibly epic im gonna have to pop in halo 3 again just to play this

5. ScarFac3d

ScarFac3d Ancient

I said id be glad to help anyone who wants to do this, its fairly simple, i guess i could make a video on how to do it. Infact, im going to make another right now, anyone who would like to help, and is a decent forger and has some knowledge about skateparks please message me.

#105 ScarFac3d, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  6. The Nasal Abyss x

This actually looks pretty fun. I love how you did the halfpipe and railing to grind on!

7. Emberwolf06

Emberwolf06 Ancient

This is amazing 5/5 and awsomeness to you for fufilling my dream of mixing Skating and Halo into 1!

8. ScarFac3d

ScarFac3d Ancient

Working on another SP map right now! whoever would like to help, or if you have any ideas, throw em at me!

9. monkeyrantz

monkeyrantz Ancient

this map looks really fun, beautifully interlocked, great job!
    you deserve a virtual HI-5!
    and a download!
    and rep!

10. superguh007

superguh007 Ancient

Yeah, I realize it took a ton of resources to make the halfpipe, so you're kinda stuck... bridges are pretty tough to work with, but you could use the halfpipe you already have as guides for the bridges by laying a bridge on each wall. It would be slow work but at least it's possible. I dunno, of course it's entirely up to you; I was just trying to give you some ideas for what I (and probably some other people) would like to see in a v2. Either way, this is a really good piece of forge and I definitely respect your ability to make such an awesome piece of geometry.

Edit: I'd actually be happy to try and help you extend the halfpipe. I'll probably be on tomorrow sometime, just message me on XBL.

#110 superguh007, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  11. ScarFac3d

ScarFac3d Ancient

Can you get on now? and Btw, i did extend it, just by one wall and it works SO MUCH BETTER. now i am working on a stair set and a few other things.

12. goldman 010

goldman 010 Ancient
    Banned

love it

i love this map its just really fun to just screw around and do tricks.
    great forging technices love it, definitely make another 1

13. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i dl'ed this map its really fun trying to do tricks.
    great job

14. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

wow, those ramps are amazing this is awesome, ill definetly download. wait! how are you going to get the soccer ball up the sides of that hill, over the high edge? thats ok, i prolly wont be playing much soccer. great map. nice ramps

#114 Metallic Snake, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  15. ScarFac3d

ScarFac3d Ancient

I have decided to perform my own trick, its just to show you one of the things you can do, its not hard to do yet it looks so amazing, im not expecting you to do a quadruple backflip and land it perfectly, lol.(But it doesnt hurt to try!)

I will be uploading the rest of the videos, there are about 10 more, in a few hours or so! Thank you all for participating in the contest, i have decided on a deadline, it will be July 26th, it gives everyone enough time to make a cool video, this date may change, i do not know yet, but what will happen is I will have one of my groups on BNet to vote on which video is the best, depending on how many videos get sent in I may ask you to just choose one of your videos for the final competition! And I would just like to thank all of you who have Downloaded, Rated, Or Commented, This has been one of the most succesful things I have made on Halo 3, It has had over 1200 downloads, over 100 comments, around 85 ratings(still 5 stars!) in only 3 days, Thank You All! You really dont know how much this means to me-

ScarFac3d

16. M715ForLife

M715ForLife Ancient

This map is 1337! I showed my friends it, and they all loved it! Great work. If you need help, hit me up on XBl. Moh T0e Cutt3r

17. Battleman36

Battleman36 Ancient

That map is amazing!!!!!!! 6/5!!!!!!!
    Ilove the interlocking! one of the best ive seen. If this is your first keep forging! i look forward to seeing more of your master pieces

#117 Battleman36, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  18. ScarFac3d

ScarFac3d Ancient

Lol, not my first but this is definately my best so far. Ive started making a version 2, im debating on keeping a "World Records" type halfpipe, its made of bridges so its smoother, you can get more air to do things, so i put up a bridges to see how for you could drive up while still going vertical, so then i thought about putting markers like 1 2 and 3 depending on how far you go up. If you think this is a good idea or have any suggestions on what i should build, im open to em!

19. Chemical Wasp

Chemical Wasp Ancient

This is the best skate park I have ever seen koodos to you! I extremley like the half pipe. 5/5. Please make many more skate parks

20. Chemical Wasp

Chemical Wasp Ancient

I suggest that you build a giant ramp and then have there seprate ramps that lead off in diffrent directions that you can land on from the jump of the giant ramp that would be kool