Sinker

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Epolixa, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Epolixa

Epolixa Forerunner

Facilities such as these were responsible for the constant supply of clean water during times of emergency.

[​IMG]

Slayer...

This is Sinker, my first ForgeHub contribution.

Sinker is a medium-sized map meant for most FFA gametypes and Team Competitive gametypes.

It is based off of three levels. The first and lowest level is a small network of tunnels that ultimately accumulate into a large, central room. As you can see, The lower level is filled with water. The main level is the largest and where you'll be spending most of your time playing in. The main level makes up for the lack of dance floor on the other two levels. Finally, the upper level is a series of catwalks that meet in a central platform. On either side of this central platform are drop tubes that bring you into the lower level's central room.

I had other screenshots that I planned to add, but unfortunately I took them while offline so none of them can be synced with Bungie.net. I'll be sure to re-take some and post them in the near future ;]

EDIT: Screenshots! :D

[​IMG]
    Overlook

[​IMG]
    Waterworks

[​IMG]
    What's a Killstreak?

[​IMG]
    Hill contested

[​IMG]
    Not but glass

[​IMG]
    Assassinated

[​IMG]
    Snip'd!

I've been forging since forge existed, but Reach's forge, I must say, is an incredible improvement.

Enjoy!

#1 Epolixa, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  2. ZAXLAX 15

ZAXLAX 15 Forerunner

A few more pictures definetely would get you some morecomments cause there is not much to say about your picture. Are those see through windows for the ceiling of the bottom level? i cant really tell, but that is what i just placed in my map.haha.well hopefully you will get morepictures up so i can make a better review/comment

3. Epolixa

Epolixa Forerunner

As I said, I'm working on re-taking those screenshots.

EDIT: Done.

#3 Epolixa, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  4. ScO Hi11Bi11y

ScO Hi11Bi11y Ancient

i really love the green lighting. the multi-levels. and the flooded areas. nice work! :)

5. africanBoi

africanBoi Ancient

To be honest I was really unimpressed with this map from the pictures, but how can give you helpful feed back on just that. After downloading and playing the map, I can easily say this is one of the best maps I have played in reach yet. I really like the feel of the map and the way it flows. it is nicely forged with impressive aesthetics. The weapon placement is pretty good, I would recommend a new place for the shotguns, the seem out of the way for their placement on the top. Also it's cool to see people add in the new weapons, but the concussion rifle is horrible, perhaps switch it with another grenade launcher and make both only have 3-4 shots? Also I noticed their were no health packs anywhere up top. I'm not sure if you were going for this, but you might put some in.

6. Norbert220

Norbert220 Ancient

This map is simply awesome. Dled it and playtested with 6 people and they all loved it. Most other maps in the water simply feel out of place, perhaps due to the forerunner style of all the structures.. But this map truly feels as if you're tramping around through murky water in some forgotten sewer. It's nasty, awesome, and creepy. Keep up the good work, I hope to see more of your stuff in the future!

#6 Norbert220, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
  7. Epolixa

Epolixa Forerunner

Happy to hear that you enjoyed my map, and thanks much for the constructive criticism. That's exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I agree with you on the screenshots, it was hard to take any that would do this map justice. Perhaps in future maps I will consider top-down, roofless layout pictures to show exactly what's going on. I was thinking about moving the shotguns as well, but I wasn't sure where, other than swapping them with the needle rifles, but then I worried about the them being too close to the DMR's. As for the health packs, I also considered placing some up top, but I was worried about having too many health packs. Personally, I like the concussion rifle and find it just as effective as the old brute shot, but perhaps I could swap out the current one with another grenade launcher and find another place for concussion rifles.

I think I'll update this map with those changes.

Thanks for the DL and happy to hear that you and your friends liked my map! I am going to be making a few final revisions to Sinker, including the equipment changes stated above, a few more spawns, and possibly setting up for CTF. As for more of my stuff, I am currently in the process of an Invasion map.

EDIT: All changes have been applied. Hit the download to get the update.

#7 Epolixa, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  8. Ken Adams NSA

Ken Adams NSA Forerunner

Downloading now, looks pretty legit.

9. Epolixa

Epolixa Forerunner

Thanks for the DL. Enjoy!

10. africanBoi

africanBoi Ancient

So i just re-downloaded and played the map again, and the weapons have been improved greatly. I think the shotguns in the lower area serve more purpose. Good Work.

11. sourd

sourd Forerunner

All around an awsome map, the only thing i wish was different is the cannon man direction in the sword room. i think they should go up not down :p

12. Epolixa

Epolixa Forerunner

UPDATE: Sinker has been submitted to Bungie's Forgetacular contest :D

13. Natetendo83

Natetendo83 Forerunner

I had only one small issue with the man cannons in the sword room, I actually got stuck in one and couldn't get out of it (thankfully I was just in Forge and could Monitor my way out). Might want to check on that as it would suck to have that happen in the heat of battle lol

14. Epolixa

Epolixa Forerunner

O.O Really? Dang...That was one of the things I was trying to avoid! Maybe I never saw that because I'm an Elite...

Anyway, I'll definitely take another look at that. The only point of having the gravity lifts there was to soften the fall from upstairs...

Unfortunately, I've already submitted the current version to the Forgetacular contest, so if by some miracle Bungie works Sinker into a playlist, then we may all get stuck in the cannons...

15. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Cool map! Like how u got the water in the level! & the glass floor looks amazing!

16. Epolixa

Epolixa Forerunner

Thanks! The flooded basement and glass floors were the two biggest things I wanted to incorporate into the map!