Side Longest

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Shock Theta, Mar 12, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

11.8%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

11.8%
  4. 4

17.6%
  5. 5

58.8%
  1. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Side Longest
    Created by Asper49 and AZN FTW
    Co-creater: L0N3 S0LD13R
    Special thanks: TrueDarkFusion, Riot17, Reap3r 13 and TITMAR

Side Longest is a symmetrical map which brings back the feeling of tried and true urban BTB. Side Longest is not a re-make, but a re-imagining of the great gameplay that maps like Sidewinder, Headlong , Lockout and Blood Gultch were loved for. The map supports every gametype you might possibly desire to play. When creating Side Longest we took into consideration every gametype and placed goal points and respawn areas so that gameplay completely changes depending on what you play.

Both teams have a base which resembles the feeling of the large open roof buildings of headlong. On the side of each base is a garage which houses a Warthog and Mongoose. Separating the bases is 'The Mountain', which forces vehicles to drive from the garage, around the base and then around the outside of the mountain to get to the opposing team's base. This reinforces the feeling of space and size that the map strives for. A long path nicknamed 'The Spine of the Mountain' resides at the base of the mountain and twists one way then another eventually bringing you through to the other side. It is only wide enough to fit one person at a time.

In the corner across from the spine entrance rests a small teleporter building that takes you to the tunnels that lead to the opposing team's side of the map. On top of the teleporter building is the elevated Hang 'em High-esque walkway which stretches over the mountain. Lastly, there are Sniper platforms on each side by the Hang 'em High walkway which overlook parts of the map.

Grab a party of 12, 14 and even 16 and prepare for a war!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?&v=TIOuC_fckN0

#1 Shock Theta, Mar 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

Oh how I loved working on this map. You guys cannot imagine how hard it was making this map. So many details got scrapped, but it ended up great anyways.

3. Biggles2

Biggles2 Ancient

Looks like a great map, I'll download it tommorrow.

4. Egoender

Egoender Ancient

Downloading now*

5. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

I love this map I remember playtesting it recently plays great I will download it now.

6. Comrade172

Comrade172 Ancient

this looks really well made and really fun. Ive got it queud.

1 person likes this.
  7. the other dark

the other dark Ancient

I never really imagined such a type of BTB on foundry. This looks absolutely like a ton of fun to play. I know what I am gonna play once I get a large party together.

du-du-du-downloaded!

8. RioT 17

RioT 17 Ancient

I really enjoyed helping and testing this map. It is a one of a kind, BTB on foundry. That was unherd of untill this map. I feel that side longest will inspire many other people to make maps like this. Which will be a great thing. This took you guys forever and i enjoyed helping with what I did. By the way even though I played it many times I still like to play this map on any game type.

9. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

Titmar's name is in caps. lol.
    He leaves and becomes a legend, Forge Hub is now officially essing his dee.

As for this map, it looks good. "Sidewinder, Headlong , Lockout and Blood Gultch" sound like they'd be tough to mash their qualities into one map. I'll have to download this for sure. Looking at the screenshots, the way some of the bridges are set up kind of annoys me.

10. IxGUNxSLINGERxI

IxGUNxSLINGERxI Ancient

i guess i will check this out tomorrow when i go on its like lockout you say hmmmmmm

11. Running Chron

Running Chron Ancient

sweet, I've been waiting for month to see this map released...

12. El Capitaine

El Capitaine Ancient

Sidewinder, Headlong, Blood Gulch, Lockout...seems like its impossible to combine these 4.....

but
    * queued *

1 person likes this.
  13. MONKEYDEATH3730

MONKEYDEATH3730 Ancient

this looks like a really great BTB map, i didnt like the song much in the video, but the fact that its hard to tell where you are and how csome entrances are vulnerable and campable at the same time makes me love this map

1 person likes this.
  14. celtics513

celtics513 Ancient

Finally! A huge, fun map to draw attention away from all the "Tier 5 information" featured articles. No offense, but the playability of the tournament information article isn't quite as good as this. JK the tourney is a good way to promote REAL halo maps, maps that require skill to play on. Good map here though.

15. Mikey

Mikey Guest

I have come to enjoy this map as it has a classic feel when you play it.

I highly recommend everybody to play this map with at least 10 or so people; it has the same exact feel as Headlong, from Halo 2 in my opinion.

Great job with the map, everybody who participated. It came out really great.

16. XxKaHoTiKxX

XxKaHoTiKxX Ancient

this map is cool, i like the fact that you made the "mountain" it really makes people not ride the vehicles all game

1 person likes this.
  17. LIGHTSOUT225

not gonna lie im probably gonna have to DL and check it out right now...looks dope.

18. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

Argh, I had this exact same idea about 2-3 months ago, but I kind of lost my interest in Forging, I let it go, and my map I thought of in Premium Members, I let that go to. But I am making a 1v1 map. Not that it'll be good, but it cures boredom.

Anyways, it does look very exciting, I'd love to download it whenever I get my map pack on Rejecting You.

Edit: It needs a better name.

1 person likes this.
  19. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

I missed the days when actually forged... it's time to come back... I had ALOT of fun, frustration, and reward while creating this map. But the hard work belongs more to Asper. I built and provided ideas along the way and the layout for most of the map... but Asper did the work. He is amazing... and deserves every piece of credit for this map. I'll see you around Asper... but I have some solo stuff that I have to build to make up for my absense...

AZN FTW

1 person likes this.
  20. David 118

David 118 Ancient

the really tight u turn corridor is my favorite part realy origional.