Shuriken Falls

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by fedraltag, Sep 16, 2010.

1. fedraltag

fedraltag Ancient

SHURIKEN FALLS
    Map forged by - Federaltag

for a slide show of all images follow the link below.
    ImageShack(TM) slideshow

I made this map out of my love for conquest maps. This is my first map for reach and i made this map to gain knowledge over the new amazing forge. Took me forever to find out how to work the objectives. As usual i am horrible with creating stories.

Now this map is made for neutral bomb assault and king of the hill/crazy king. I made a gametype for assault that is basically like sabotage for modern warfare 2. Meaning you name is displayed to everyone instead of a huge KILL marked above your head. No active camo and No decrease in running spead.

For sabotage their are 5 different classes. I included a jetpacker instead of a bubble shield-er.

I love making enclosed maps but while making it i realized some love the jetpack and it would take away from gameplay.

6 dmr's on map -- 3 on each side.
    2 needlers -- 1 on each side
    1 grav hammer -- in middle of hill (for KOTH only!)
    2 spartan laser -- didnt want to use rockets since the middle will be getting fragged up. -- 1 on each side
    2 Falcons -- 1 on each platform

Now i made this map on the rock in forgeworld and yes i incorprated the upper most grassy walkways which wrap around. I made the biggest cave possible in the middle.

Big thanks to ivanone and fatal sloth and all their friends for walking through it.
    "Walking" because everyone is too involved with campaign and matchmaking that i had little help testing the map.

Warning: Please pick either orange or the blue team!

Now while playing sabotage with a couple of guys i found the funniest way to arm the bomb is to sprint to the middle grab the bomb and then run back through the base and make your way to the falcon. Once there jump on top and have team mates pile in. It is more than easy to get from your side to theirs and arm the bomb and then gun them down while they try to defuse...but after a while they catch on and then get a triple kill with the spartan laser.

Bomb is instant arm...30 second countdown...and 5 second disarm time. First to score once wins.

If you try to fly too far away from rock you will be given a ten sec warning before Zeus knocks you out the sky with a thunder bolt.

Made two color sides because when your in the middle of the cave do a few slick maneuvers and you forget which way you came from.

outside view

[​IMG]

view of walkway wrap around.

[​IMG]

blue side wrap around

[​IMG]

example of bomb carrier "riding" the falcon

[​IMG]

walkway blue side

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

view of defeat
    [​IMG]

looks bad a** while flying with bomb
    [​IMG]

journey down the halls

[​IMG]

he see's what he wants
    [​IMG]

just walk up...one way door pulls you in
    [​IMG]

upper part
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

after dropping down....(if you jump on boxes you can enter alcove where spartan laser is held, most people run right by it.)
    [​IMG]

...you get sent back up. (another man walking past splazer)
    [​IMG]

exit
    [​IMG]

color coordinated
    [​IMG]

denied entry
    [​IMG]

4 ways in -- 2 from each side
    [​IMG]

that's all folks. i put a lot of two day work into this.

p.s. when entering man cannon just walk right in. sometimes if you jump i believe you can miss it then fall to your death.

#1 fedraltag, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
  2. sourd

sourd Forerunner

first map ive seen that i actualy hit the "download" looks good. i like the grassy areas trown in with the rest, ill br back with more feedback once ive seen the map

---

After thoroghly examineing the map, i did not like the flow of battle. the center room made of stone was a great idea functionaly and asteticaly, however the narrow pathways long bridges and one way shield doors make the center room the only decent place to fight. i havenet played the game tuype you desighned for it yet so that is all i will say for now :)

#2 sourd, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010
  3. fedraltag

fedraltag Ancient

Sorry but this map was made specifically for neutral assualt and crazy king. The game flow for both of those is well. King of the hill of course is in the cemter so yes gameplay is centered around that. For neutral bomb the bomb is in the middle and should have the feel of tug of war-back and forth. Added side routes so that it wasnt simple and boring. Center way is fastest to plant bomb but also difficult. Side ways have less action but is an indirect route for the bomb carrier. With jet packs it does bring more excitement into play. If you did not play on my gametypes ir either of the two mentioned then you did not gain the intemded experience.