Should we have a DLC map with elephants?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by The Hudacris, May 1, 2008.

1. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Should we have a DLC with elephants on it? (The vehicle, not the animal.... ok maybe the animal. And if yes than what sort of map scenario. Like a city for example.

2. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

That would be funny, however... [​IMG]

3. xxAl Capwnagexx

xxAl Capwnagexx Ancient

I want SPAWNABLE elephants, but not ones that are on the map no matter what.

(oh and...see post above me for actual answer)

4. T3chnomonkey

T3chnomonkey Ancient

They probably will added them again. It would've been kinda a waste to just have them in one map.

5. G043R

G043R Ancient

I agree with both sides here... they need them...but they don't need to be abused... I can see a puzzle map... where for the first two minutes are a rush to get out of a death box... before Dumbo falls on you...

6. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

Noooo, we have enough BTB maps as it is. We need more small competitive maps.

7. Hashmeer

Hashmeer Ancient

LoLz i want the animal is all my maps :O

8. Azrius

Azrius Ancient

What I believe Bungie should do is create a DLC map that is essentially Foundry, but on a scale like Sandtrap or Avalanche. Spawnable elephants, among other things would be a must, of course.

In other words, give players a MASSIVE canvas with which to work and design maps.

9. Ty

Ty Guest

Ok, yes Halo 3 could use some more small competitive maps, but .... It's a video game a few nice "let's screw around" maps would be welcomed.

10. E93

E93 Guest

I dont know, youd need a fairly huge map. I dont think even avalanche would be good enough.

I never really cared about ele[hants anyway. They're slow as hell, and the gunners are always exposed to anything and everything.

11. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

No one really uses the elephant on Santrap anyways; just noobs who get bored of dying out in the middle of the map (like me, lol). Look at the global heat maps for Sandtrap and you will see very few kills/deaths from the elephant gun turret.

Its a cool vehicle, but Bungie really killed the novelty of the idea before anyone really got to use it; the fact that its not a forge object (cannot be moved, deleted, etc.) killed the elephant before it really even lived.

--dc

12. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

Here's what would spice up the Elephant: give it a "nerfed", undetachable Missle Pod, instead of an Elephant gun (just have another detachable turret to the other side), with around 12 to 16 Missles in that respawn every 3 minutes or so. That would give more reason to make people head toward the Elephant.

13. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

I guess I would be able to live with a huge map in this situation because like Foundry, we would be able to make competitive maps. Large Canvas, Medium Pit sized map, and a small Midship like map or Midship itself would be my dream map pack since everyone knows Bungie has to have a huge map in every map pack.

14. PandaMan

PandaMan Ancient

15. FalseMango

FalseMango Ancient

That's what I was thinking, although honestly I think a huge map with a completely flat surface would be rather boring. Instead, I'd like to a map that's mostly just a kind of hilly terrain, with a varying degree of flat platforms that can be placed into to the ground to create buildings, bases, all that good stuff. Oh, and forgeable trees and shrubbery, please.

16. David 118

David 118 Ancient

even sandtrap wasnt really large enough for them because they could only go around the outer track so another map that they could be on would have to be enormous i mean campaign sized but they are so slow and useless who would want one that big anyway!:confused:

17. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

I don't know. I never really used the Elephants, some people did but I just never liked them. And judging from how things are prgressing with the newer maps, it actually doesn't seem likely we will see an encore preformance from the Elephants, I could be wrong though.....

18. toonshorty

toonshorty Ancient

They are slow and all you do is drive around in a big circle. Elephants are only used for BTB CTF or Assault

19. IPokeNinjas

IPokeNinjas Ancient

maybe but i think we just need a few remakes to relive the nostalgia, some good competitive maps to make this game even better and maybe , just maybe a nice map to forge on apart from foundry. if we get all that i'll constantly be on H3 =]

20. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Well We probably want another elephant map. I mean Sandtrap wasnt open enough for it. Now a big open map would be the best because sandtrap wasnt only the middle and the outer rim you could get it in. Imagine this. To head to head elephants going at each other with vehicles all around. It would be a big intense battle.