Shoreline Raceway

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by T4K Shadow, Sep 16, 2010.

1. T4K Shadow

T4K Shadow Ancient

Shoreline Raceway

My first forge creation in the brand spankin' new Halo Reach. It's a racetrack located above the ocean and near the indoor room. Although this isn't an amazing racetrack I feel that it is most likely the best out there so far.

Lap Time: 1.20 (Wow!)
    Creator: T4K Shadow

It's smooth-ish and I would have made it longer, but I can't find any useful track making parts other than 5x5 blocks and the largest walls.

I don't have any pictures for you today but I do have a video, and according to the rules that is all I need. Enjoy! And sorry about no music, I kinda forgot to add it in.

YouTube - Halo Reach Racetrack - Shoreline Raceway

#1 T4K Shadow, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
  2. Deckx

Deckx Ancient

Honestly it looks extremely unpleasantly bumpy.
    I like the knot in the center. It reminds me of Hot-wheels.

3. EnderFett11

EnderFett11 Ancient

Did you just use the standard Race gametype? If not, please post the gametype in your fileshare.

4. Gazzaverage

Gazzaverage Ancient

The overall shape and design of the map are great. I love the roller coaster look.

But there are some major issues you need to sort out to map the map playable:

- It is a little too bumpy at times causing the goose to bump and jack-knife a lot.
    -You need more checkpoints. It's quite annoying to fall off and have to start the lap again. I would recommend at least 6.
    -There were one or two times we fell off the track and survived the fall. Since we were unable to get back onto the track, we had to find a way to suicide.

5. kaosminett

kaosminett Forerunner

make a killzone under the map and fix the bumpy issue
    my laptime: 1:18

#5 kaosminett, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  6. T4K Shadow

T4K Shadow Ancient

Dayum nice lap time mate! I know this track is increadibly bumpy in parts, afterall, this was my first Forgeworld creation and it was merely a test of the new tools and objects.
    Despite this my track has become one of the more popular tracks currently being played on Reach, and the majority of the feedback is great. So thank you all.