Shockwave

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Gravedigger5454, Jun 14, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

5.2%
  2. Okay

6.3%
  3. Average

14.6%
  4. Good

27.1%
  5. Great

46.9%
  1. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Shockwave
    Created by Gravedigger5454

[​IMG]

This map features it's own floor ceiling, and walls to make it feel like it's something completely different from Foundry, where it was built. The ceiling covering the map allows it to have a different lighting and look the Foundry and helps to make the map impossible to escape in player mode. The map is approximately the same size as Midship, with it's design centered around a large, three story room.

[​IMG]

On the bottom floor of this room, some sections of the ground can be destroyed by high caliber ammunition or grenades. Once it is destroyed, the resulting hole allows players to access a small basement area underneath the map. From down here, players can down one of two hallways, where at the end they will be launched to the second floor.

[​IMG]

The map also features another two story room down a small set of stairs from the main room. In here, the ground shakes as explosions occur from grenades or gravity hammer attacks. When it shakes, it creates a "Shockwave effect." The map plays best with 4-6 players, and it's size is setup such that it only supports 2-8 players well; the spawns allow you to go up to 16 though.

#1 Gravedigger5454, Jun 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. IxGUNxSLINGERxI

IxGUNxSLINGERxI Ancient

gravedigger i love this map of yours my 2 fav things are the pallet floor and the dumpster floor. (wish i had a gravlift every time i walk over it) glad this got featured because it rocks!

3. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Hmm...never played it. Looks well forged and cool object manipulation. I'll DL and check it out. Congrats on the feature

4. XDAO SoX

XDAO SoX Ancient

very nice map. looks like it is very complicated and took alot of time to make..good job, i would download but i dont have an xbox =P

5. XBlackDarknessX

XBlackDarknessX Ancient

yes indeed this map looks sweet i like the pallet floor

6. Aaronator

Aaronator Ancient

I think this map got what was coming to it... a front page post! Downloaded it a couple of weeks ago.

7. BiG QwackER

BiG QwackER Ancient

Lovely thread, looks very clean and neat.

8. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

this sure took a while to get featured. but me and my friends loved playing FFA on this. good map, i love the layout.

9. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

That pallet drop down room reminds me greatly of the first harry potter movie where they need to find the speical key.. i don't know why .. o.o

Anyways teh map looks stunning and flawless good job!

10. Pwntrocity360

Pwntrocity360 Ancient

This looks like a great map. im downloading it right now.

11. LaTurno11

LaTurno11 Ancient

that looks fun 5/5 i will DL it fo sho

12. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

Almost all of the features in this map are things i personally have never seen, and are very original.

-Pallet floor
    -dumpster floor
    -the fact that its 4 levels
    -etc.

All of those things definitely makes the map unique. But I'm sorry to admit that after playing through it, i found it containing a fair amount of sloppy forging, and some good forging, but still a lot of it needed to be cleaned up.

There is no question, this is a great map, and i have not doubt that this should be featured, but just a lot of sloppy forging, a lot of room to improve. I'm gonna give it a high rating though because of its originality.

* * * * 1/2​

[EDIT] beautifully set up post. Really like the changing pictures, and really cool image/collage ;)

#12 LOCK.xcf, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  13. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

well done on getting it featured it is a really good map and it will rule EARTH lol me and my friend love this map

14. halolover4549

halolover4549 Ancient

This is basically the best map I have seen on forgehub.com so far!

15. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

This has some very unique features, the use of moveable objects as floors was great. But 45 second respawn on a Gravity Hammer is too short, although I havent tested it, that seems to be way too short of a respawn for the Hammer.

16. Old PatchworkZombie

I like the feel of indoor maps. The map looks quite big aswell, considering that it's indoor.

17. Norbert220

Norbert220 Ancient

This map looks unbelieveable. I've been getting sick of the usual Foundry maps, but this was made in a completely different manner. Great job!

18. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

My favorite part is the pallet hole, very well done.

19. Forge Monster

Forge Monster Ancient

It looks really good, I like the pallet idea, but the teleporters kindof takes away from the feeling. BUT they were nessicary so I don't blame you :)

20. desert rat 852

desert rat 852 Ancient

wow. This took effing forever to get featured! The pallet floor is one of the most original map ideas i have ever seen, right up there with the conveyor belt on Pallet Parade! My friend was playing halo for the first time and when jumped to commit suicide, (why, i dont know), he just fell through the flooor and got so scared he threw my controller across the room! 5/5 great job.