Shift

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Values, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Values

Values Forerunner

[​IMG]
    Shift
    By Indecent Values (o Redemtion x)

Hello ForgeHub, and welcome to my new (somewhat new) map, Shift. It is a fairly small, symmetrical map made with 3v3's in mind. This map will comfortably play up to 3v3's, but 4v4's are possible, it's just a little stuffy (IMO). It was made for competitive gametypes, but it supports about all gametypes except for invasion, due to it's size. Yes, it even supports race. Weapons and additional information will be given in separate spoilers. This is for those (..lazy) people who hate scrolling past all of the information they may or may not care about. Halfway through the map creation I changed my gamertag, that is why there is parenthesis around o Redemtion x. Anyway, enjoy.

YouTube - Shift Overview

Preferred Gametypes:​

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Any gametype that is played will work best with the competitive varients, i.e. MLG, Arena, Slayer Pro. Jet packs are NOT recommended at all, but they can be used.

The only important part of the thread:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weapons
    2x DMRs
    2x Needle Rifles
    1x Sniper Rifle
    1x Grenade Launcher
    2x Magnums
    4x Plasma Grenades
    4x Frag Grenades
    1x Hologram

Additional Information on Map Creation​

Shift was started to be a 3v3 map, but when the Throwdown contest came out, I thought I would tweak it up a little and make it more acceptable to be posted into the contest. I have eliminated all framerate lag that there was in Splitscreen and in online, which took a little tweaking to everything but I did it. In total, Shift took about a month to make, which includes testing, making gametypes, and etc. Honestly, it is probably about at version 10. All in all, I have made it acceptable to all, and everyone who played it has enjoyed it. [/COLOR]

Please, Download and rate!

2. HarleQuin

HarleQuin Forerunner

Looks like a rather nice map, good aesthetics (Not the best I've seen but never-the-less still really good and get the job done.) Weapon set looks simple but balanced, the small size and nature of the map should make the grenade launcher more potent than average which is nice, rockets would definable be overkill on this. Overall though i really like the look of this and will download and try it out with a few friends, I'll let you know what i think once I've given it a whirl.

3. leegeorgeton

leegeorgeton Forerunner

Glad to see you posted this map. I liked it when you took me for the walk-through. It has nice combinations of different sized spaces and open sight lines/cover. I look forward to playing some actual games on it now.

4. Values

Values Forerunner

Much appreciated! Tell me your feedback when you can.

Im glad you've seen the final version. You saw it close to the final version, but i still had a few changes.

5. JGarb

JGarb Forerunner

I am glad that this map is finaly up. Weeks of helping with forging and testing finaly paid off. The final version looks great, i like the changes you did with the details and aesthetics. I enjoyed helping you out with this map, and i look forward to future maps.
    PS: I like your first picture...

6. Values

Values Forerunner

Much appreciated forgemate, but I'm sorry for not crediting you for the title picture. But now I know how to use Photoshop so I won't need your help anymore. And I'm sure you were quite tired of this map by the end of the testing, but I don't blame you.. But race will always be fun..

7. WorldWolf

WorldWolf Forerunner

This looks excellent. A well balanced, well structured map. I look forward to playing on this map :)

8. 12qwazx

12qwazx Forerunner

I'd like to try this tomarow, I am currently making a large project, if you want to edit/test it PM me, you seem great at this really. I saw your other maps, you're a great forger.

9. Eightball

Eightball Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Interesting aesthetics. I like how you used the small circular ramps as an aesthetic touch, it adds a lot of creativity to this map. The layout looks clean and everything looks neatly forged. I also really like the stairs you made. I myself like to make stairs in my maps. I think it gives a map a much more realistic and non-forged feeling. Really good job though, looking forward to more maps from you, even if this thread is a bit old ;)

10. anime halo

anime halo Forerunner

looks like a nice little map with nice aesthetics but it lacks color on the map...the pathways are numerous, the mulitple levels are nice, and the layout is also good...the use of inclines removes the feel of just a square map and makes it look better than just having corners...the weapons are also good...

11. JGarb

JGarb Forerunner

Des map es gud.
    Niez asstetiks and laiout.
    Keip it cumin.
    Moar maips moun?