Shift v6

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by stouf761, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klammy

Klammy Ancient

This map is amazing and well made, while still keeping it's innovation. I think it's awesome, and it did in fact, give me a headache. I guess I can sue you (jk). Aside from your map, what's the signifigance of the first picture on the thread?

2. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

the first picture is pretty much something that makes one want to read more.
    Its just a picture from below, but its still intruiging.

EDIT IN JULY
    why did somebody bring this back up? its been like over a month maybe two by now

#142 stouf761, May 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  3. Fillmore Roy

Fillmore Roy Ancient

Quite literally, the first word I said in Forge (to myself) was "Woaahhh!" The tilt of this map is much more extreme compared to the feeling you get when you look at the screens. But amazing job on the map. I was having a hard enough time walking base to base, but the tilt distorts every action you do. You jump higher than you might think when you're facing downhill, lower when you're facing uphill. I had to tilt my head in order to walk straight!

In the end, this is definitely a map that deserves MLG status. Based on my limited knowledge of MLG map standards, this map was perfectly sized, with perfect, MLG-friendly weapon placement. Added to that the uniqueness of the map, being slanted and all, this is no small achievement. To be a featured map on ForgeHub's website is a great honor, but I think this map deserves more than that... Recon?!

I'm keeping this map - there's no way I'm deleting this one!

#143 Fillmore Roy, May 21, 2008
    Last edited: May 25, 2008
  4. xBahama Boyx

xBahama Boyx Ancient

looks like high-quality forging, neat and everyhting. good idea, it gets kinda dizzy, though. 8/10 - gameplay. 10/10 - creativity.

5. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

holy #$@%!!!!!! this should be featured! i love this map and i live the interlocking! if any a journalist os looking at this.....make it featured

6. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

yeahh... umm this is about 2 months old and killnon2... it did.....

There wasn't much point to bringing this back up...

edit: i love how many times this has been necroed...
    such as that \/ \/ \/ \/

#146 stouf761, Jul 26, 2008
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
  7. Jz890

Jz890 Ancient

dude i ****ing love this map
    i played this at my friend's hosue before i even had halo 3 and we played for 2 hours just getting lost and finding new ways to go/ jump and what seemed like defying gravity
    it just ,akes u want to figure out what way is up and you will never grow bored itszd just amazing

8. SpecterCody

SpecterCody Ancient

Oww my head hurts. Distortion maps are tough to make but you did a great job here. I cant really tell where you can walk and where you can't. I guess that's the point though.

9. Cr0ok3d

Cr0ok3d Ancient

This is like a 7 month bump...Sorry if I am considered spamming but isn't that illegal?

10. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

Waaay illegal. I just want it locked so i can keep it in my sig
    This has been uber necroed like 5 times

lock pl0x?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.