Shield Rider

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by AOAxLEGENDxAOA, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Warfang

Warfang Ancient

Most of the map is very good, but the starting gate and shields were somewhat troublesome. Not aware that a bridge would spawn to lead me into the level (from the starting gate), me and my brother who were track both pulled up to the gates wall, expecting it to go like most of the others where you "pop up" with your mongoose because boxes spawn, pushing you up. After being forced to exit when the bridge spawned (trapping us both), we were forced to abandon our mongeese, luckily being forced through the bridge. Going through the track, we marveled at the wondrous interlocking in the turns, joyfully riding along until we hit (dun dun dun) the shield door, the randomly bouncy, unclean shield doors. Each time we hit them, we would bounce a few times, eventually landing at out destination, usually face down. Fixing the starting gate would be easy: just but a few street cones in front of delayed spawning bridge to prevent racers from ending up like us. The shield doors may not be so simple, but thats up to you. 3/5

Edit: You are also lacking a return system in case you fall off the map (unlikely) and those teleporters are blocked (I couldn't find a reason for them anyways).

#21 Warfang, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008