Shaun of the Dead

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by IcedFrappuccino, May 26, 2008.

1. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

[​IMG]

Shaun of the Dead

Co-Made by:
    IcedFrappuccino
    NeenjaPunter24

Gametype: Winchestor Pub

Who doesn't love the classic Shaun of the Dead movie? It is one of my favorites. I decided to take a break from making horror movie remakes and make something a little bit different. I wanted to have addicting gameplay that I would want to play over and over. I believe I have accomplished that and more.

Everyone should remember the scene of the Winchestor Pub at the end of the movie. All the zombies were breaking in and the humans only had that one rifle? Epic. What I have made is my Halo version of that scene of the movie.

The humans spawn inside of the pub, while the zombies spawn outside of the pub. There is ONE rifle that is mounted above the bar, like in the movie, that ammunition for it respawns every 120 seconds (if you survive that long :p). There are also 2 tripmines that respawn every 120 seconds also. The humans main objective is to try and hold out in the pub for as long as it takes for the "elevator" to spawn at the back of the pub. The elevator spawns at 180 seconds, but don't think you can make it that long, because it ain't that easy :D

There are tables, a bathroom, a secret closet, a bar, and the room, in the movie where they had to go to switch the lights on. I tried to make it resemble the movie as close as possible. After 90 seconds firebomb nades spawn right ontop of the bar.

There are some boxes and a truck outside of the map, just for looks. (I would have made more stuff outside of the map, but my infinite budget stopped working all of a sudden, so I had to limit the items I spent for looks). The zombies have multiple ways of getting in the pub. They can just jump right over the front 2 doors or they can window panel jump right in.

a. Tutorial for window panel jumping for those who don't know how.
    I have set up cones a little bit back from the windows as you will see. What you do is crouch walk up to the cones and then jump as soon as you pass the cones into the window and you keep walking forward and you should fall right into the pub. It does take some getting used to, but it isn't THAT hard. Just remember to keep crouched the whole time.

4 active camos spawn every 60 seconds to help the zombies get into the pub. After 120 seconds, if the zombies still haven't gotten inside successfully, then a gravlift will spawn outside of the pub, allowing the zombies to jump onto the roof and down the chimney into the pub.

Humans start with ONLY pistols, with NO infinite ammo, so shoot wisely.
    Humans have 150% gravity, to stop them from double jumping out of the pub :D

Zombies have 100% Gravity and 100% Speed.
    Zombies have NO shields and 50% health.
    50% of your party will start off as zombies.
    There are five, seven mintue rounds.

SLIDESHOW for the lazy people
    [​IMG]
    The Undead's Spawn
    [​IMG]
    The Mortal's Spawn
    [​IMG]
    Winchestor Pub
    [​IMG]
    Your ONLY Rife :p
    [​IMG]
    90 Seconds=FIRE!
    [​IMG]
    180 Seconds=ESCAPE!
    [​IMG]
    PROTECT THE PUB!
    [​IMG]
    Confrontation!​

*NOTE* I could not take that many pictures because I am reaching my 50 limit! Sorry :p

Tips for humans:
    -ALWAYS WATCH YOUR RADAR!
    -Have mutliple people covering all of the entrances
    -Conserve ammo
    -Use the firebom nades wisley
    -DON'T FIGHT OVER THE CARBINE!​

Tips for zombies:
    -USE THE ACTIVE CAMO WISELY!
    -Work together and try and rush in. Don't just go in by yourself. You will only get killed.
    -Have certain zombies distract the humans, while others window panel jump in another way.​

Other notes:
    From all of the comments from all the people that helped test this map, one thing stood out the most. They all said that it never got old and was very fun and addicting. They said the map may not be the biggest one out there, but the gameplay sure packed a punch and made up for it.​

I would also like to thank all of the people that spent their time testing this map with me and telling me all of the flaws so I could fix them. I appreciate it.​

I hope you guys enjoy the map as much as I have!​

Please don't forget to Rate & Comment!

#1 IcedFrappuccino, May 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
    M.Jelleh likes this.
  2. Creepy Pie

Creepy Pie Ancient

Dude i love the Shaun of the Dead Movie, i give your map 9.6 out of 10, good work.

3. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

lololololollololololollolol
    i remember this from the movie. very well made.

4. Fly

Fly Ancient

Just another house style infection map. Try to impress/be creative.

5. CommanderA17

CommanderA17 Ancient

This looks awesome! Though the pub could look better on the outside, and more structures outside of the pub would be good on the eyes. AND WHERE IS THE BASEMENT LIKE IN THE MOVIE!?

6. XxNAPALM FURYxX

XxNAPALM FURYxX Ancient

Well I think it is a COOL map and very NICELY DONE and the movies are amazing to keep it up

7. kovakelslovak

kovakelslovak Ancient

no it looks way more creative, than the usual "camp by the door with a shotty"

8. IllJackYouUp

IllJackYouUp Ancient

I Definitly agree this map seems diffrent and tons more fun by the pics at least it ooks like he acomplished just what he wanted to make a map he could play over and over

9. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

Thank you guys for the postive comments.

@ flymingo, this may look like a normal house map, but the gameplay is different and very addicting. i guess you just said that comment because you didn't actually play the map with some friends. thanks for the critisism though.

10. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

haha
    love it
    and the movie
    =p

and im guessing the carbine never respawns?

11. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

The carbine respawns every 120 seconds. I had to give the humans a little bit of a chance to win. In all the tests I have had, the humans have only won once or twice.

12. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

Edit! My computer just spazzed out while I was typing

#12 IcedFrappuccino, May 27, 2008
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
  13. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

EDIT! Sorry my computer just spazzed out while I was typing.

#13 IcedFrappuccino, May 27, 2008
  14. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

EDIT! Sorry my computer just freaked out!

#14 IcedFrappuccino, May 27, 2008
  15. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

EDIT! My computer just freaked out, sorry!

16. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

EDIT! Sorry my computer just freaked out! I did not mean to post all of these! I am sooooo sorry. As you can see they were all posted at 5:40, so i am not trying to lie here!

Can a mod delete these multiple posts please?

#16 IcedFrappuccino, May 27, 2008
  17. Killerjoker11

Killerjoker11 Ancient

Ask mod to delete them, anyways good map dling.

18. darkmuse19

darkmuse19 Ancient

looks good and it also looks like it really gives the feel of being in the winchester in the movie. good job on that. it also looks clean and well thought out. overall 8.5/10

19. LiL Viper202

LiL Viper202 Ancient

the game looks like the movie although i would find it rather plain, but since it is themed to the movie nice job!

20. Brody Howell

Brody Howell Ancient

I've seen a couple other things like this before, but this is definitely the best. The only thing I would change is the gun on the wall. I would have merged the weapon holder with the wall to make the gun flt against the wall. Other than that, great job!