Sharks In The Water

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by Custopootimus, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Custopootimus

Custopootimus Ancient

This is my first post and map so keep that in mind if something is wrong with it.
    Im not sure if the images are going to work or not. I guess we'll see.
    Hope to see some comments they are appreciated.

This is a game-type and variant based on infection.
    If on the human's team you spawn on a sinking ship and slide into head high water where debris float by from the ship's cargo.
    If on the "zombie's" team you spawn in a cave. You are a shark and your mission is to "eat" all of the humans who are shipwrecked (hence the map name).

If a shark eats you then you become a shark and will spawn in the cave. Sharks have the evade ability and can move at 150% speed, although they cannot jump because they are sharks.
    The best way to survive is to jump from rock to rock and from crate to crate.
    Or work as a team and hold out on the green island near the center.
    Sharks also have a weak invisibility cloak but it makes them impossible to see if you are above the water. Keep and eye out for splashes moving quickly around in the water. That's a tell tale sign of a shark.

Humans spawn with infinite ammo and are equipped with shotguns and magnums.
    Sharks have swords.

Link to gametype:

Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

Link to map variant:

Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Custopootimus, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. Silentsniper

Silentsniper Forerunner

nice ill try it out but one thing it looks like players could die from the water on certian parts other wise great map

3. Custopootimus

Custopootimus Ancient

Nope its all level in the water so you can't die. thanks though

4. Ursus

Ursus Ancient

Just out of curiosity, what happens when your sharks evade up a slope? I tried to take my own shot at a Jaws map, and because of the shark's high speed, evade sent them flying from the slightest bump, no matter what their gravity settings were. Is this a problem on yours?

5. lolmoney

lolmoney Forerunner

From what ive seen from playing with 8 people the zombies do go flying if you hit a rack while invading, also i suggest adding some way of a little more protectionf or humans due to the fact that as a zombie i could infect everyone within 30 seconds

6. A SouthPark Kid

A SouthPark Kid Ancient

Played this last night in TGIF, it wasn't very fun to be honest. The zombies cant see where there going and they cant jump, plus we kept spawning outside the map. Should make it easier for the zombies to see and fix the spawns.

7. GameTime49

GameTime49 Forerunner

this map reminds me alot of the halo 3 shark and jaws game map variant respectively.
    i really enjoyed that game and will have fun with this one as well

#7 GameTime49, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  8. winster99

winster99 Ancient

i tried to make a map just like this but i did not do a very good job i'm glad someone has finally made one that is from what i can see above average so ill give it download and see what it is like