Shark Reef

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by Darth Human, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Darth Human

Darth Human Guy from Reach

Shark Reef
    On Ocean Sports

Due to overwhelming popularity I have re-posted this specific gametype into the better suited Casual Maps forum. Ocean Sports is the map name but has 2 other supported custom gametypes (Dodgeball & Poloball) that belong in the Reach Mini Game Maps forum. This is by far the most popular gametype out of the three and did not entirely fit in Mini Games.

Original map forum can be found here.

[​IMG]

OPTIONAL HONOR RULE: Elites should not be allowed to play because they can jump higher, walk faster, and are also taller, which can make the game “unfair”.

Shark Reef is an infection based gametype. Shark Reef takes place in the deepest part of Ocean Sports, and players can be completely under water . In Shark Reef, there are plenty of rocks for cover and “camping” area’s. Zombies (I will call them Sharks) start on the red team side of the map inside a cave which has 2 exits, and the Humans will spawn randomly somewhere outside on some of the rock islands.

(NOTE: It is very RARE that someone can die from crouching in these waters, I found it to be a 5% chance. Also it won’t punish your score and will NOT infect you)

[​IMG]

Each round 1 shark will start. Sharks start out with Swords and Gravity Hammers, have 150% speed, can sprint, and have low damge resistance. Humans start out with Shotguns and Magnums, and jump height is very limited with no radar present. When the game starts, the shark can choose to sneak or sprint to their first meal. The humans can use the environment for cover or for a sightseeing view.

[​IMG]

Be careful not to fall into the water for too long, zombies can be very fast and may come out of nowhere since the water is quite foggy! (Plus keep in mind, sharks can jump higher than you!)

[​IMG]

Unpredicted suicides and glitched betrayals will not count against your score. Some rocks have a soft kill zone to prevent overpowered positions (HINT: That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use them for less than 10 seconds). And don’t even try to spawn kill the sharks, you will regret it.

Thank you for checking out Shark Reef! More gametypes available on the same map as explained on the top of the page. Please like and recommend to your friends. Please post your ideas so I know what everyone thinks of Shark Reef. I take all criticism, compliments and will answer questions.

#1 Darth Human, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. heyjude64

heyjude64 Forerunner

Cool, but..

IT looks fun. definitely need to download it but exactly how big is it?? I cant tell from the screenshots.

3. Darth Human

Darth Human Guy from Reach

Its not large. Basically the whole floor and ceiling is made up of 2 coliseum walls. Most of the shark maps I have seen were too large and had too many problems (like seeing sharks easily from a distance stealthed or not). Plus in order to have a "reef" style, I need a lot of rocks. And I used the maximum number of rocks =\

4. Troutmonkey

Troutmonkey Forerunner

Just downloaded, definately going to be a hit at our next lan- we love infection!