Shark Attack

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by ggrozny, Mar 25, 2008.

1. ggrozny

ggrozny Ancient

Shark Attack
    Created by ggrozny
    [br]
    Supported Gametypes:
    Infection: Sharks
    [br]
    Map Description
    Two friends and I were messing around in forge cleaning up another map not posted yet, when we (myself, FloatingSnake, and TooTallSIGP226) came up with the idea for this infection map.

It is not your normal zombie map though...You will start off with at least 2 zombies maybe 4 if you have a packed room. All humans will spawn in a floating box surrounded by shield doors so that they can't shoot out.
    The 2 starting zombies make up one shark, They get on a mongoose, driver + attacker.

When both zombies are on the mongoose they will drive in and out from under the floating box holding the humans, which leaves the passenger 1/2 exposed inside of the box able to swing his/her sword at the humans inside (you have to swing with melee). The humans have Battle Rifles to shoot at the sharks when they are inside the box attacking, but not through the shield doors so that the sharks have some time to circle around and refill their shields. The more people you play with of course like any zombie match, the more sharks you will end up with...Sucks to be the last man standing with 5 sharks circling you. :D

Small details:
    all zombies are forced black, and all humans are forced white. There is one glitch I know of that can suck, but that is one reason this is in casual maps. If you get off your mongoose under the box you will sometimes get forced inside able to just attack the humans. I know the floor for the humans could have been better, but to be honest I am not a zombie guy, it was not my main interest, I am working on another map and just did this one for some fun. The messy floor does not interfere with game play at all. :D

Unfortunately I have not been able to test this map too much, and even more unfortunately I haven't been able to test it with more than 5 people leaving me with a max of 2 sharks each time... I would love a big match but I could not find the testers or friends for it.
    [br]
    [br]
    Zombie Spawn with mongooses.
    [img width=800 height=450]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/ggrozny/27244823-Full.jpg[/img]
    [br]
    2 Zombies = 1 Shark.
    [img width=800 height=450]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/ggrozny/27244867-Full.jpg[/img]
    [br]
    Shark starting the feeding frenzy.
    [img width=800 height=450]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/ggrozny/27244953-Full.jpg[/img]
    [br]
    1st bite, taste the blood!
    [img width=800 height=450]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/ggrozny/27245088-Full.jpg[/img]
    [br]
    Now we have 2 sharks. Try not to panic.
    [img width=800 height=450]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/ggrozny/27245177-Full.jpg[/img]
    [br]
    Here you see a human killing a shark.
    [img width=800 height=450]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/ggrozny/27245216-Full.jpg[/img]
    [br]
    I would like to add that I would love to still test this and update if updates are needed. Like I mentioned earlier I haven't been able to test it like I would prefer... So anyone willing to test (just play it with me) and/or just leave some feedback on what you think. (I am not usually a zombie fan, so feedback from zombie fans would be great. I'll be happy to update this topic thanking any testers, good ideas.

Try to have fun!

1st Thank You goes out to Shock Theta for the post template, I would have no problem doing it without this, but it was definitely nice having it that easy.
    [br]
    Download Shark Attack
    Download Sharks
    [br]

2. Nyc xGod of war

Nyc xGod of war Ancient

Re: Shark Attack: A Different Zombie Game

wow that is nice it look fun too I will download that later.

3. ggrozny

ggrozny Ancient

Thank you :D If you do download, and see me online (GT ggrozny) please invite me. I wouldn't mind testing or playing other maps too.

4. Kad

Kad Ancient

this idea is brilliant :D AMazing job 10/10

5. Marcus Rethan

Marcus Rethan Ancient

Truly amazing idea! I'm guessing it was through pure chance that this game type came to mind. :p

I've downloaded both gametype and map. Keep up the original ideas bud!

6. Matty

Matty Ancient

That looks pretty fun. I suggest testing it with summore people, just to improve your screenshots..

7. ferrari504

ferrari504 Ancient

This looks like it is very fun! Great idea:)

8. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

hey ths is amazing... very original nd i love tht... i just hve one question, wat happens wen there are an odd number of sharks? does one just wait until another human is killed to do anything? i just wasnt sure, but otherwise, very original, downloaded :]

9. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

This is actually incredible. Just absolutely original and fun, 10/5

10. ggrozny

ggrozny Ancient

Thank you everyone for the nice feedback :D

Heh exactly, I was making another map that is the same distance off the ground, and while I was making it a friend spawned a mongoose. I saw his head sticking through so I tried to assassinate him, and sure enough it worked. Since that worked I got on his passenger seat and tried to shoot another friend that was on top. It was just pure chance like you said.

Ah yes I forgot to mention this, thank you. When you have lets say 3 zombies, which would only be 1.5 sharks, the odd one out can just wait or I like to still drive around the base to confuse the humans filling their radar up more.

Yeah Matty I have just been having a terrible time getting people. I play at some off times, either really early or really late never prime time.

11. Critical Ghost

Critical Ghost Ancient

wow that is sweet im dl

12. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

Looks original

13. link51

link51 Ancient

great map m8! definately downloadin, cant wait to see more

14. BanditK

BanditK Ancient

this awesome. great way to take advantage of this glitch.

15. ggrozny

ggrozny Ancient

Thank you for all the replies, now id like to hear from those that have tried it, and especially those that play alot of infection games.

I still haven't had the time to get more people together for better action shots with more people, so if anyone tries it out could you please send me the video so I could snap some shots? I'd appreciate it very much.

16. whitelime

whitelime Ancient

I don't usally look in the custom section but i'm glad that i did. i'm also not a very big fan of infection but this is so simple yet so interesting, as soon as i get back my Xbox back(RRoD) i'll be shure to download and get back to you if i have any inprovements that i think should be done.

17. mrod009

mrod009 Ancient

THIS MAP IS SICK! played it witth 6 people n evrybody liked it.

18. ggrozny

ggrozny Ancient

Thank you very much, but you should have invited me! Drop me an invite next time. :D

19. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

grozny, i sent you an we can play this some time ight

20. ARustySpoon

ARustySpoon Ancient

Very fun and original gametype.