Shake n' bake Raceway

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by One Good Chief, Jan 31, 2008.

1. One Good Chief

One Good Chief Ancient

I finally just stumbled upon this site luckily, so I thought I would share one of our first maps. It is a basic figure-8 racetrack, yet it is very complex and detailed. This was definitely one of the first maps on foundry to use banked turns as it was created early december, and features a design so creative I have yet to see anywhere else. We put so much detail in our map, we actually created shock absorbers for the come on to the embankments.

When we designed the map, we made it to be 100% balanced. If you do not race, you literally can't win. We brought in plenty of 12-year olds to see if they could mess up our game in any way. They failed miserably. This was a racing map created with the idea that you could put it on matchmaking, and it would be fair and be as balanced as a game of team slayer.

With the layout of the map, the action is always extremely intense. This is a racetrack, that for once takes skill on the mongoose into play. The player who can cut the apex across the embankments, will always do better than the guy who just flies across them. I have one a lot of races by cutting the apex on somebody and overtaking. If you enjoy a good competitive racing map, I highly, highly suggest ours.

The map is made for 2-6 players, and the game variant is located on my page at bungie.

Screenshot gallery- http://www.flickr.com/photos/14406634@N08/2110269801/in/set-72157603458557049/

Map- http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=15555365

2. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

Please embed pics.

3. Projectt2501

Projectt2501 Ancient

NEEDS PICTURES

4. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

Try embedding the pictures but I went to the flickr and the map looked pretty cool. It seemed pretty neat, and I love the name.

5. One Good Chief

One Good Chief Ancient

I couldn't figure how to embed off of flickr? The pictures there already have over 800 views, so I really didn't feel like uploading them all to a different site. Sorry.. you could just click the link though.. not that hard =)

6. El Capitaine

El Capitaine Ancient

To post pictures from Flickr:

(these instructions use Firefox buttons and terms. I'll update the post for IE if I figure out how to do it. But you should just use firefox anyway)

Open up your flickr album.
    Right-click on the picture you want to embed
    Click 'Copy image location'
    Make your post, and where you want the images, do
    Code:
    [img]CTRL+V HERE[/img]
    Then, your post will show the picture

look here:
    [​IMG]

If you want to see this in use, click 'Quote' on this page. This will add my text and parse it with quote tags, but you can still see the img tags that I used.

7. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

Yes, this is completely necessary:
    Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed Embed

8. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

You need to make a proper post if u ever want to become a guilder buddy.

I believe in you though! I hear the guilders love race maps!

9. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

:surprise:fftopic:

yay! I got to use the new shortcut.
    Code:
    :offtopic :
    (without the space)

10. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

Please embed your pics! I still went and looked at the map and it does look pretty cool. I would love to try some of that Co-op racing on it.

11. Mysterious D

Mysterious D Ancient

Hey, Chief, glad you've made it onto FH. Next time we're on together I'll play a few rounds on this with you.

12. AlwaySm0kin

AlwaySm0kin Ancient

projectt2501 i can seriously sit and watch your signature play for like 10 minutes. lmfao that kid sticks his tongue out when he is crying then it just cuts to a scene with him smiling. hahahah it is the best