Sewage Lines

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Camoflaug, Sep 7, 2008.

1. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

I had quite a lot of fun when we played this. The spawns looked rather bad from a forgethrough standpoint, but during our 5-man FFA there wasn't too much of a problem. I'm taking into account the fact that it's a small map, and getting killed from behind when you're in the middle of a fight with someone else is just going to happen in these situations. I really didn't like the spawn on top of the double box in the corner. I see that you're making an updated version (hopefully with better access to the second level), and my personal advice would be to get rid of that spawn. Anyway, I think you've made a really nice map, and I'm looking forward to checking out the version 2. I posted a gamevee clip of the match if anyone wants to see how easily Insane54 can take us apart.
    GameVee.com | Halo 3 Video | Video | FFA on Sewage Lines

2. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

true true true i finished the v2.1 and i added fencebox ramps at the sides and added cover to the bottom also i whiched the sniper and shotty and the plasma rifles. also ty very much squidhands for taking your time to post a video i appreciate it i can see the spawns and how they are very off but ivory helped me fix them a few hours ago so its good to go also im happy to see all the respected members of forgehub playin on it =P

the whyher likes this.
  3. sourdauer

sourdauer Ancient

nice map g, its a definite keeper. Ive always wanted to use bridges to make a grid, but i never knew how to put it together. i give it a 5/5 :D.

ps, im new and i need more of those pts, so lay em on if you have the time.

4. brett3123

brett3123 Ancient

I dont see how it resembles a sewer. i like the map though 5/5 looks very fun

5. Yekkou

Yekkou Yellow, but with "kk"s

Awesome dude. If only there was a way to put a roof on all of it. Otherwise, you captured the feel of a sewer perfect (what i picture) its got the tubes and everything. thumbs upp

6. forgyforge

forgyforge Ancient

Looks awsome. Problably took you weeks. I love the bridges and fences. Great j0b! 5/5/5/5/5/55/5/5/5/5/5555/6/67/78/64/. Love it!

7. Krazy Kumquat

Krazy Kumquat Ancient

Great map, don't really see the sewage part though. The sewer theme is way over used in my opinion.

Layout - 8/10
    Amazing is the only way to describe it. You lose points for a couple of mistakes. One you put the ledges up to high, you can only get to the next level with a Grav Lift or crouch jump. This is a real inconvenience and completely disrupts gameplay. I know you just put a wall on top of a crate, but what you didn't realize is that the wall is too thick to do that. Secondly the sides are way to open. There's virtually no cover on the side ramps. You have the neat little windows put together so you can shoot out and still be safe. This is useless with the fact that you can take a different angle and four-shot their face in. A part I really like was the grates in the floor/ceiling. Its a great tactic to get up to the next level with the Grav Lift, or get away and recharge you shields. A really unique idea that makes the map what it is.

Aesthetics - 9/10
    Not too many aesthetic touches on the map as a whole. I really like the combined A/B sign. You carefully interlock two A signs with the one B sign, great touch there.

Weapons - 9/10
    The weapon set is great for this map. The maps too small for an effective sniping area, and the map is too open for the shotgun to overly excel. I normally would have gone with a mauler on a map this size, but the cramped spaces are few and spread so that the shotgun doesn't rack up a lot of kills. You might want to spread out the BRs though, two on one corner is overkill.

Equipment - 8/10
    You only have a Grav Lift, which is really great for the gameplay. I think you should add a Bubble Shield or Regenerator so you can take cover. I'd go with Regen so you can't camp with the shotgun.

Gameplay - 8/10
    I've played this map with several different parties and the games always great. I've played 2v2, 1v1, 4 person FFA and 5 person FFA Slayer and we always had a great time. Gameplay was fast and intense, though a little frustrating because of the lack of cover.

Overall - 84%
    Add some cover and a Regen so this maps gameplay can reach its full potential. Can't wait for Version 2!

Creeping Death likes this.
  8. EGP

EGP Ancient

When I tested this map with zdrummer9999 and letaliscarbine9 it was obviously three people playing. I honestly think that was the best way to play this map.

I really liked the aesthetics/originality in this map I liked the checkerboard with the bridges it actually effected gameplay but not in a bad way.

Gameplay was excellent as well but the only problem I had personally was getting to the second floor quickly.

Overall its a very well forged map Good JOb

9. the whyher

the whyher Ancient

Hey camo, I already talked with you on line but wanted to say something here too. Im very impressed with your work here. The V1 was fine by me but V2 looked cool as well. Great job.