Serenity

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by sk8volcom12, Apr 8, 2008.

1. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

Download Here

Serinity
    This is map that is all very beautifully interlocked. The map is enclosed and you cannot escape from it. Should be played with slayer or team slayer. 2-5 players
    Serinity is a small quarters map.
    There are different sections of the map.
    Theres 4 bases, 2 Red Bases and 2 Blue Bases
    1 Base is underground and is very small. You must walk down a bridge to get there and once your at the end of the bridge you greet around the corner a small little bunker type thing.
    The other base is just seperated with the other teams base by bunkers. The base (which you must again go doqn a bridge) is underground to. There are quite some many suprises that await you.
    In the middle of the bases I just talkind about is a small hallwat, At the end of the hallway is the shotgun.
    The map is pretty much surrounded by one big huge catwalk. The catwalk is circular and is covered on the inside with fence walls, so you can shoot through. The catwalk goes all the way around the map and at the endish middle is the only time you can get back into the map.
    In the begining of the level there are 2 tunnels that will lead you to either side of the catwalk.
    If you go straight then you will meet 3 different paths(in the middle is sort of a statue like thing)
    Go left and you will be in the Blue Base
    Go Right and you will be in the Red base.
    Go straight and you will go down hells highway.
    Hells Highway is just a hallway that contains the flamethrower and is above both underground bases.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 sk8volcom12, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  2. SwordScar

SwordScar Ancient

the screenshots themselvs look good, along with the map. The only thing bad about it is the post... Your description confused me extremely as it was more of directions on where to go then a description of the map.

3. Tex

Tex Ancient

This looks like a very interesting map, the interlocking may be done well, but the lining up of some non-interlocked items seems off, i'd suggest a v2 with some cleaner lining up, and even interlocking of some of the stuff that isn't it always improves the quality and gameplay, as for the pics, do you have an overview, maybe take off the roof, if there is one, i couldn't tell too much about the map by the pics

4. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

sure ill post up an overview right now, but im goin ahead and tellin yats not gonna look good because of the way the map is positioned

5. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

ok sorry for the double post, its not intentional
    I got the overveiw pics as best as I could, my maP went up so high that I couldnt get a regualr overview, but there you go like you asked :)

6. Atheos23

Atheos23 Ancient

MORE PICS! Looks like you took your time on the interlocking (a little less than I would have, but still good)

More images would definately give a feel of flow to the map though.

7. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

theres not that much anymore to take pics with. Unless action pictures????

8. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

ok if you want more pics ill be posting up one of those fancy pants overview images like on the empire map

9. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

ok sorry people but pics arent happening..BUTTTT I just got a capture card so ill be posting up a video soon :)

10. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

cmon people if you leave comments here could you please leave comments on the bungie page

11. Tinginho

Tinginho Ancient

looks good i like the intersection thing in the middle

12. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

intersection thing????
    oh you mean hells highway?

13. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

1. Map looks good.
    2. More pics please.
    3. Don't bump!I saw some bumping on the first page. Shame on you!

14. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

more p[ics???
    im trying to post up a video but do you people still want pics even with a video???

15. Novak

Novak Ancient

I like the concept, a catwalk around the outside. Kind of like Foundation from Halo 2 but with less space in the middle. Ive always wanted to make a map like this but never really got around to it. Looks good.

Try and post more descriptive screenshots, the ones you posted dont show very much. For example, try and post an overview of the whole level so people can get a broad perspective of how the map flows

Also try and put your description into paragraphs with spaces inbetween them, its hard to read when its just one long mush

16. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

i cant really post an overview because the map gets too high and it wont let me up that high :p

17. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

What do you mean????

18. sk8volcom12

sk8volcom12 Ancient

cmon people
    500 veiws and only a couple of comments

19. Old PatchworkZombie

I like the bottom floor but apart from this you seemed to have been a little careless when interlocking. You can't pass through the main part of the map because of the interlocked signs

20. forgemaster101

forgemaster101 Ancient
    Banned

This is my new account..sorry for the other comment I swear i wasnt bumping
    my frfiend was actually posring it and i no you guys probably dont believe me but its the truth. you guys can even look him up his gamertag is XxR3dHatchetxX

#20 forgemaster101, Apr 18, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2008