Serebrum

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by longridr, Nov 13, 2010.

1. longridr

longridr Forerunner

SEREBRUM
    by longridr
    edit:
    fixed weapon spawns and moved them around.
    fixed spawns.
    made less cover and made more areas open so its less congested.
    DESCPRIPTION: Serebrum is a symmetrical map and made for team slayer and slayer, supports CTF also. This was inspired by my Far Cry Instincts map Forgotten Villa, i used a simmilar layout but a different design and partly by the Pit from halo 3.

its an overall pretty open ended map. there's no set path to take and there's plenty of ways to the other enemies base.

WEAPONS:
    Shotgun x1
    Sniper Rifle x1
    Rocket Launcher x1
    Energy Sword x1
    Needler x3
    Needle Rifle x2
    Magnum x2
    DMR x6
    Plasma Pistol x2
    Plasma Repeater x2
    Plasma Grenade x6
    Frag Grenade x8
    Assault Rifle x2

Pictures:

outside area
    [​IMG]
    overlooking middle
    [​IMG]
    View when going through man cannon by Sword spawn
    [​IMG]

Rocket spawn
    [​IMG]
    above rocket spawn
    [​IMG]
    blue base
    [​IMG]
    if anyone gets a chance to play it and has a good video lemme know, it'd be awesome. thanks!

#1 longridr, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  2. brakessk8

brakessk8 Forerunner

This map is a very good map, although it seems a bit crowded in a lot of areas and spacey in areas too the gameplay is very fun. I remember when you showed it to me and all it was was an undetailed bridge... ... Now look at it! You can make amazing maps Longridr hope you win the contest.

3. LT Forge

LT Forge Forerunner

This map was pretty fun to play on, i mean, sure was only 1v1 vs you, but i loved the geometry and little trick jumps you have in there. I haven't quite had the chance to play a full game on it, and i honestly can't wait.

4. Kitchener Kobra

Kitchener Kobra Forerunner

The map sounds like it could be pretty good but the screen shots are putting me off. It looks very over crowded from those screen shots. But it looks like you put allot of effort into it so ill give it a go in a bit. Next time u upload screen shots try to not have every thing look crowded and stuffed together. gives people a headache to look at :p

5. Daedalusy

Daedalusy Forerunner

The screen shots make the map look like a huge mess. Maybe it isn't, but they really don't do a good job of advertising your creation.

6. longridr

longridr Forerunner

i took your advice and took some better pictures. i also totally revamped the map to give it more open-ness and took away a lot of cover. hope its more enjoyable and appealing now :)