September custom maps matchmaking update!!

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by GD27 BlueDevil, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

If Bungie did actually approach us, I'm sure there are loads of members here who'd be willing to build a non glitched map if it had a chance of going into a playlist.

Maybe people should try it on the offchance, if not then you still have a great non glitched map.

2. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

ya, im sure people would try making a non glitched map... but let me tell you, recently i was participation in a forge contest at a different Bungie.net group where the budget glitch was not allowed. i started my map with a good plan in mine and i knew almost exactly how i wanted it. i was not yet even halfway done with the map and i was getting cautious of the budget, so i did budget glitch it. and when the map was finished, i was nearly hitting the object limit. it really is hard to establish a great non-glitched map with a decent size. the only maps that are really possible to do without the budget glitch are open maps similar to MLG.

3. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

Why aren't you allowed to do the budget glitch? It seems like bungie has been pretty fine with glitching for a long time.

EDIT: I think if they made it FFA they could find tons of great non budget glitched maps. But for big team based battles probably not.

#23 M.Jelleh, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  4. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

yes, we know there completely fine with glitching. they're fine with interlocking and geomerging and all that good stuff. however, they found that the budget glitch causes lag. and actually, the budget was established to prevent lag from happening. they have no problem with us doing it, but they dont want to put up a lagtacular map on matchmaking.

5. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

If they don't allow budget glitching maps it doesn't matter for me because I am making a map that doesn't use it.

6. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

who says your map is going to make this playlist??? =D

7. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

1. I do think that if they came to ForgeHub, they would only pick Featured maps to include, and even then only the ones that are truly original and versatile for all kinds of games. They want to promote games that are the most fun, so they most likely won't be using any of your (or my, or most of ForgeHub's) maps. Bungie would most likely be interested in the cream of the crop from the entire community, so unless you can say that your new map is among the three or four best maps that ForgeHub has ever seen, then I wouldn't count on Bungie considering it for inclusion.

2. It's all hypothetical about Bungie coming to ForgeHub for their custom content anyway. We don't know what they're planning on doing for their maps (though I wouldn't be too surprised if a map such as Gridlocked made it in).

3. As I believe has been stated before, I really don't think Bungie much cares about the budget glitch, as they haven't taken any steps to prevent/prohibit its use. The only people I can see complaining about it would be MLG folk, as they might claim that the budget exists as a means of providing balance to the map. Their claims are off-based in that they fail to take into consideration the extensive uses of interlocking and geomerging that throw off the natural balance that the budget tries to provide. No, Bungie doesn't care about the budget glitch, otherwise this site would likely have been shut down a long time ago...

8. Chewy

Chewy Ancient

This could be EPIC or a complete S**T dissension by Bungie.

If they choose some really smooth maps, then EPICNESS.

If they choose the same thing they choose for Bungie favorites, then we are screwed.

9. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

I'm not saying its going to make it but its pretty cool and with it not being Budget glitched I don't have to start over :p lol

10. KB

KB Ancient

Wow!!! this is gonna be tight! I will start playing matchmaking just to play on some FH maps!

11. HomieG54

HomieG54 Ancient

I wonder what maps they'll include. But anyways nice job GD for the find.