Sandbox Semprs Mlg

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by Dark Swerk, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

Semprs MLG

Ok right off the bat im going to tell you this is a very old map I made. So old it has my old gamertag "Dark Swerk" as the creator. The map background is simply a symmetrical little straightforward br shootout. It's not going to blow your mind I just thought sinces im on a roll with posting my oldschool maps I might aswell put this one up. I also didn't know how to ghost merge rember that.

[​IMG]
    A view of map looking toward blue spawn

[​IMG]
    A view of map looking toward red spawn

Map

As I said very simple straightforward map. Be gentle while judging and thanks for letting me waist your time.

#1 Dark Swerk, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. madz333

madz333 Ancient

I dont think shield doors are allowed in MLG.
    And the map appears to be very VERY small, which can lead to spawn camping, and other general problem with a large group of players.

I dont think very many people will enjoy this map simply because there is not much to it.

3. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

Yeah I know like I said I was just putting it up to show you old maps :p
    I am currently working on a new one so now you can see how much I have improved from this map.

4. Hogframe

Hogframe Ancient

This is supposed to be an MLG map? No offense, but MLG maps are supposed to be all about flow, teamwork, and streamlining the Halo 3 experience. This map doesn't have flow, as it's apparently just a single room. Teamwork I can't say much about, but Streamlining on this map is out of the question. Reason being? The Shield Door spawns. They allow a team to easily camp at the beginning and ruin the flow of the game.

I would recomend you add onto the map. Make it larger length and width-wise. Add more rooms, and take away the Shield Doors.If this causes spawn killing, then you should completely revamp the spawn-zones. Complete all this, then post it in the competitive Forums as a regular map.

I would also suggest you read up on these subjects when considering how to make your next map:

~Map Design Tips~

~MLG Map Rules~

~Getting Your Map Tested~

Hope these links have been of some help.

Cheers,
    HarisSales.​

#4 Hogframe, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  5. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

Yeah :p thanks for the advice but if you accualy saw what I wrote it says its really old I am just posting it because I can XD