Foundry Sea Creatures on Blue Cove

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Arctic Hunter, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Arctic Hunter

Arctic Hunter Forerunner

Hey everyone! This is my last post for Halo 3 since Halo: Reach is only a feew days away. I am extremely excited for it and hope everyone else is too!

Special thanks to many people who helped me test out this map. Including ShadowStorrmxX for being a member of forgehub.com

Players 8-10 for better gameplay, any amount of players works though. This map is also sure to have the effect of laughter and crys of excitment from an easy kill of a kill worth of stealthyness.

Sea Creatures on Blue Cove
    Survive as long as you can on the shore while the Creatures attack you. There are two ramp leading up to you and 2 crates. One on each side next to the ramps. A waterfall is righ in the middle of the map used for great scenery and cover. This map is based off of the color blue. The water, grenades, weapons, and Creatures are all blue. Enjoy!

Survivors
    Primary and Secondary are your choice, start with a Magnum and gather up a Beam Rifle or Plamsa Rifle. Or if fast enough take two. Sucks for your teamates... The cover for you is a waterfall and a window panel setup on each side of the waterfall. Although you can jump down that is probably not wise because of the Creatures.

Creatures
    Primary is an Energy Sword for close combat which is mostly going to happen. Pick up a Plasma Rifle to in the beginning to have a far distance edge. Also, there are four Sticky Grenades are available in front on your spawn.

I am not revealing the stats. of them because it is a surprise. Trust me this game is fair and balanced out.

Now for the pictures!

Here is an Overview of one side of the map which is the Survivors spawn.
    [​IMG]

You can also see the waterfall here
    And close up here

[​IMG]

Here are the weapons in the Survivor spawn

[​IMG]

Beam Rifle and Plamsa Rifle
    Here is an Active Camo which is in the water wall bottom, this can be used for both teams strategy.

[​IMG]

Some Grav Lifts that boost the Creatures into the spawn

[​IMG]

Now the Creatures spawn which is covered by water on the top, but be careful the cage does not protect anyone. Headshots are off to sprevent spawn killing.

[​IMG]

Lastly, grenade spawn in front of them. One grenade per spot and 20 second respawn time

[​IMG]

Please DL and I am open to critisizm. Have Fun!!

Sea Creatures Download

Blue Cove Download

2. MattV01

MattV01 Forerunner

First of all, let me say the map looks great and is forged very well.
    One thing I can say to help you improve on the gametype is leave head shots on.
    There is a simpler way to make no spawn killing. Simply go into the respawn settings of the the infected and change the damage resistance to invulnerable. I suggest these traits last for 5-10 seconds, just so the sea creatures can start moving before getting shot.
    I'm not going to download it, but for a reason. My live ran out and I didn't bother to go out and get another 3 month (or 12 month) card yet. But if I did have live, I would have downloaded it. Hope the respawn idea help ya out.

Until next time,

-MattV01

3. Confused Flamingo

Confused Flamingo Forerunner

Nice job, I could'nt imagine a cleaner finish. I remember testing this, it was fun, but we only had 3 testers, not a mob of hungry sea creatures. ;) I must apologize in advance, MattV01, but the headshots off idea is helpful and important. The sea creatures die quicker than you think, and bulltrues administered by the humans with headshots would be common. However, it's kenspeckle to see that the creatures have multiple routes to the top, what with the crates, grav lifts, grenade jumping, lunging up, and of coarse, the walkways. But in personal opinion, the sheer size of the map is the most gameplay-friendly and aestheticly pleasing part about it. The smallness is just a reminder that even with the massive sandbox and diverse longshore looming over us, we still can embrace our roots, forges roots, and foundry.

4. GameTime49

GameTime49 Forerunner

i like the idea and lay out but a few issues i see right away
    1: seems to much like a zombie fort type game which can be boring due to unoriginality
    2: the little base that the sea creatures start in can still be shot through from the fence walls so to agree with MattV01, put an invulnerability for the creatures to give them a chance to get out of there spawn

other than that pretty solid

5. Arctic Hunter

Arctic Hunter Forerunner

Thak you for the ideas, I will definetly look into it. Ok what happens is that when played with the amount of people, like 8-10 the Survivors are going to have no chance to spawn killl anyone because they will be distracted by the other Creatures. Thank you for the comments.

6. xMLGx InStINcTx

xMLGx InStINcTx Forerunner

This map looks awesome and is really fun. I have one dislike though. It is easy to get out of the map. The simple way, I will tell you, you could either grenade jump over the wall, or stand on the panel and jump over. There is some forging constructive criticism that I have to say. At the attackers spawn, the walls in the ground, some of them, ar angled diagonally or bent to and fro a little. I'm pretty sure this won't effect gameplay, so you won't have to fix it. Really good map keep up the work and hope to see good in the future!

7. Banshees laser

Banshees laser Forerunner

Can this be re uploaded?