Sandbox Scorpio

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by JakeBenz, Jul 1, 2009.

1. JakeBenz

JakeBenz Ancient

Scorpio
    A Competitive map made by :
    JakeBenz
    BEFORE YOU REVIEW:
    I am looking for 1-3 EXPERIENCED forgers to help me with the crookedness of the second level.
    Also, I would like some suggestions as to where the cover could go, and, if possible, you could
    show me in-game, instead of just describing it. Please do NOT rate before you play the map. thx ;)

I started this map about 3 days ago, and basically threw it all together pretty quickly, but I'm happy with the results. This is my second map that I've posted here, and I know it's not perfect. I'm looking for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism that will help me improve my map. Thanks. Now for the description :

Scorpio is a Team Slayer or FFA map, set in Sandbox's skybubble. It is very symmetrical, and has a ground level, underground tunnels, and a second level. It is a small map, and has a lot of short-ranged to medium-ranged weapons, with a sniper rifle and beam rifle hidden on the map. It is for 2-10 people, mainly because it's pretty small, and it doesn't have that many weapons. It isn't really based off of anything, I just started with a 2x2 wall platform in the middle of the skybubble, and things sorta just kicked off from there. Here is the weapons list :

There is...

4 Brute Shots (Hidden)

2 Plasma Pistols

6 Battle Rifles

2 Assault Rifles

2 Maulers

2 SMGs

4 Spikers

1 Beam Rifle (Hidden)

1 Sniper Rifle (Hidden)

1 Shotgun

8 Plasma Grenades

8 Frag Grenades

1 Overshield

Here are some pictures to pique your interest. ;)

[​IMG]

^ Going Up A Ramp ^

[​IMG]

^ One of the secret areas where a sniper is hidden ^

[​IMG]

^ Side View from right ^

[​IMG]

^ Top View ^

[​IMG]

^ Back View ^​

Well that's it for Pictures. Couldn't get any action pics, as nobody has played it yet! :D Hope you enjoy this map as much as I did making it!!

Thanks again guys. Don't hate ;)

kthxbai:)

#1 JakeBenz, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  2. ConfOracle

ConfOracle Ancient

This looks like an interesting map idea, but I think you could have made the map a little smoother. From looking at the pictures I can tell that the upper platforms are crooked. Also, if this is a competitive map, I would advise against having hidden weapons. That would make the map unfair to those who couldn't find the power weapons. Otherwise, a good map! I'd rate it 3.5/5.

3. Xang

Xang Ancient

Well the map seems a bit small and i think FFA may be a bit too much. If you were to make the map bigger it would help out gameplay alot. Also, the map seems to be a bit empty and there doesnt seem to be alot of cover around the map.