Schism of Light

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by iRaynne, Nov 6, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

4.6%
  2. Okay

3.4%
  3. Average

2.3%
  4. Good

6.9%
  5. Great

82.8%
  1. iRaynne

iRaynne Ancient

Schism of Light
    Created by: Given to Fly

Recommended Players: 6-16
    Recommended Gametypes: Save One Bullet, Double Team Slayer

Many brave souls dared to enter the Hub of the Dead infection forging contest, but only one prevailed. Given to Fly has triumphed with his map dubbed "Schism of Light," which is home to eerie tunnels and cave-like structures, as well as fast paced and addicting gameplay. Schism of Light excels were most infection maps don't - the gameplay is fair for both the infected and the survivors, resulting in the elimination of camping and other infection troubles.

The map itself was expertly forged with a natural terrain in mind. The organic corridors contain a dark vibe that looms over the survivors. The main room is a beautifully crafted, high-roofed, oasis in a doomed world, giving the last man standing a final spot to try and overcome the moment of zombie reckoning. The map contains an aura that truly feels like you're in a subterranean lair; its unique and it does supply a vibe of excitement. Congratulations to Given to Fly, and make sure you give this a look: there's many thrills to come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Schism of Light

Original FH Thread

If you have any thoughts on this article, or the front page in general, that you would like to share with us then we invite you to post your opinions in the Front Page Feedback thread.

#1 iRaynne, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  2. Benji

Benji Ancient

This is an excellent map.
    congrats on the feature Given.

3. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

See what happens when you doubt yourself Given.... You get a feature! Congrats :monitor: it's well deserved.

4. Xang

Xang Ancient

Good job, I knew this was gonna get so much more then win a contest, ya got featured! It really is a great map, the most realistic cave map ive seen.

5. iRaynne

iRaynne Ancient

I just wanna give a personal note that I really enjoyed this map. Major props.
    It played unlike most infections; it was actually enjoyable to be infected.
    Keep it up!

6. madz333

madz333 Ancient

Wow, congratulations, this map is truly beautiful in its architecture.
    I am not surprised that it won. (its that good.)

7. TG Comrade

TG Comrade Forerunner

It is a great map we played around with what gametype we used but once we dialed it in we had a great night of zombies.

8. Given To Fly

Given To Fly MP Level Designer
    343 Industries

Thanks guys this thing got me a lot of attention. I can't even believe how much. Thanks for the comment there Raynne, I really appreciate that. Anyway thanks again guys!

9. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Great job, I played this today with you and it really was fun, not a camping fiesta of zombie massacre, just all out fun.

10. Dudersty

Dudersty Ancient

This was the best map, I've ever played in. The grass effect, was just simply amazing.

11. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

Hehe, I'm the red guy in the third picture. Three front pages in a row dedicated to you given!

12. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

Really nice job on achieving this goal of such high honor. Congrats.

13. woodaba

woodaba Ancient

I am really not surprised that this map won. Its Aesthetically Beautiful and plays even Better. Congratulatuions, Given to fly.

14. XxSpix

XxSpix Ancient

I love this map. I played it several times with my friends yesterday. The strange cave-like feel makes it hard to navigate, making you have to watch your radar. With all the twists and turns, sneak attacks are always immanent.
    Congrats on the feature and the Hub of the Dead win.

15. Creech n Spawn

Creech n Spawn Ancient

Wow, I love playing this map! Most of the time my friends would complain when they're infected, but not in this map. I'm glad somebody made a map like this, an infection map with crazy forging.

16. A Fluffy Pillow

A Fluffy Pillow Ancient

Wow, this was a great turnout from your original dismal poast Mr. I'm-not-gonna-get-a-feature-because-caves-arn't-100%-original-anymore =).I played a game and found it played well, manly because it was hard to camp for the humans. Great job overall, and don't doubt yourself in the future.

17. Phenomenal

Phenomenal Ancient

Great, actually phenomenal map (happy I used my username haha). But really nice job Given to Fly. This map had flown all throughout Forge Hub from Hub of Dead to Feature. Congratulations!

18. Public Servent

Public Servent Ancient

This is the BEST map Ever in the history of all times! Gibbens is a Prophet! You deserve like 2,000 kiwi's for giving the world such awsome forges. You are under appreciated, but I am here to praise you're Xcaliber esc like smithing skills. If you could forge up girls friends like you can maps, we could all Dl our own Selena Gomez's and use all our bullets. I know I would'nt stop till I shot blanks!!! Wait is she even legal scratch that.

#18 Public Servent, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  19. ultsf

ultsf Forerunner

Ok, while I haven't played this map (it's sad, but I only have three people on my friend list, and only 1 plays Halo), I did download it and look at it.

I voted great in the poll, but that isn't my true vote. My true vote is outstanding. In my honest opinion, this is better that some of the maps that even Bungie has given us.

Outstanding job.

20. 12 inch winner

12 inch winner Ancient

this map is very well done i love the fact that you used the lights to mimic sun light and ive always been a fan of interlocking the tin cups so it looks like grass . 10 /10 and a future download i would like to try this map on infection.