Scariest Games

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chronic Fate, Jun 28, 2009.

1. ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit Ancient

Yeah, you would think to yourself. Errr is this whole game gonna be scaring but then its not.

Some of the older games that i played when i was younger were scary but when i look at them now i just laugh.

2. TehRandomBoi

TehRandomBoi Ancient

I haven't played much of these games, and the ones I mention i borrowed or played at a friends. And of course those damned addicting Game Booths at stores like Wal-Mart.

Dead Space- Everyone here knows why.

Resident Evil 5- I played the demo, I've seen the special deaths the demo bosses have. A chainsaw sawing your head off, doesn't show though. And the hammer smashing you...

Doom 3- I used to play this, I hate monsters jumping out of nowhere and chasing you. Just like Dead Space, except less scary.

Those are the ones I can list for now, and as young as I am, I'll probably list more after Christmas.

3. Orbiter891

Orbiter891 Ancient

There is only 2 games that i have played that i thought was scary. F.E.A.R. and Doom III, And if anyone is thinking of getting Wolfenstein, GET IT, it is freaken amazing.

4. Gr4phix

Gr4phix Ancient

Since everyone is saying that Bioshock isn't scary it's making me want to get the game . . .

5. Orbiter891

Orbiter891 Ancient

Bioshock is a scary game at points, but it's not too scary that people should get it. It's kinda like a horror movie, you know it's going to be scary but it's a kind of entertaining scary.:squirrel_evil::squirrel_giggle:

6. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

The 2 Condemneds are beyond messed up. They scare the **** out of me. I mean 2 mins into the second one i get pissed on by some other guy? wtf?

Doom 3 was scary as well, i mean you open up a portal to ****ing hell and you have to fight your way out, not to even mention how scary is before you even get that far. oh and you gotta love the dark areas you need to use your flashlight to see.

I have to say tho the first time you meet the flood in halo 1 from Jenkins camera is probably the most scary moment i ever seen in a video game, plus i was like 10. I **** myself almost because i was not expecting the flood throughout the entire game.

7. Orbiter891

Orbiter891 Ancient

Doom games have some of the stupiedest story lines ever but their really fun.

8. Prima

Prima Ancient

Amen to this. Lol.

9. Orbiter891

Orbiter891 Ancient

lol how are games to scary not to play them???

10. oscarstrok

oscarstrok Ancient

F.E.A.R

:shiver::shiver::shiver:

11. Orbiter891

Orbiter891 Ancient

I have to agree with you one that one oscarstok

I have to agree with you on that one. that game is messed up.

12. 12 inch winner

12 inch winner Ancient

fear: made me jump a few times
    bioshock: just has an erie feeling
    doom 3; random flying dead bodies is always cool

thats all i can think of.

13. Skater

Skater Halo Reach Era

Doom 3, hooooollllllllyyyy shhiiiiiaat
    Marathon 2: Durandal (marathon durandal on XBLA) its terrifying when one of thost slimy things jump out at you.
    Wolfenstein 3-D, the original one from 1992, the nazis pop out of alcoves and the angel of death is freakin terrifying.
    PATHWAYS INTO DARKNESS! i never got to play it becaus it requires some really old mac computer, buteven the walkthroughs are terifying, there are like headless monsters and barneies on steroids! Suprised bungie made that game

14. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

BioShock is a pretty scary one, Dead Space is as well, those are given.

But in all honesty, fighting the invisible Chozo in Metroid Prime (the first) STILL scares the **** out of me. The first time I did, it was all like "There go the lights. Here is another lame fight. Sigh." Then i started getting these ghost-skeleton things flashing around me, they shot this plasma that raped me, I just couldn't keep up with them. And every time I play a game where the lights go out now, it sets me on edge.

15. Dinosaur Drugs

Dinosaur Drugs Forerunner
    Banned

The Earth dungeon on Wind Waker when you're seven years old...scared me shitless. Those flying skulls that cackle gave me nightmares.

16. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

17. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

And it's expansion; Justine.

18. newbieninja2

newbieninja2 Forerunner

19. Grave Robber

Grave Robber Ancient

I never found Bioshock scary, perhaps it was because I went hunting as a kid with my family, and skinned my first kill at the age of 8.

There was only 2 games that ever scared me, resident evil and majoras mask.
    The moment that scared me in resident evil was the first hunter encounter.
    The moment that got me in mm was when ever I pissed off the happy mask salesman.

20. Reign

Reign Forerunner

The Flood from Halo 2...

Three infection forms that are all in a corner and then jumping at you when you least expect it is very creepy. And also when shielded combat forms run straight at you and kill you with one hit.