Saving an Overloaded Map

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by iikiN, Apr 7, 2009.

1. iikiN

iikiN Ancient

I'm trying to overload avalanche so that the man cannons inside the cave will not work. And then keep it so when it's played in customs the man cannons still don't function. Can anyone help me with this?

#1 iikiN, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. Teaco27

Teaco27 Ancient

You would have to block them, you could do this by overloading the map, then save and quit a box into place. other than that the only way to disable the man-cannons would probably be moding, which, is not allowed on this site, nor do i know how to do, so i would suggest blocking them.

3. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

When you have it overloaded you need to spawn about 50 weapons in the same place. Hover an object over them and see if it dissapears. If it does then you need to erase about 10 useless items. Try saving the map now. The method above would be preffered if possible. My technique is not modding but it causes lag for about 10 seconds in the begining of each match.

4. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

You mean that doing that prevents the mancannons from working forever, or only for the first ten seconds?

5. theheat

theheat Ancient

forever, the lag is kinda weird too and if your players start in a heavily interlocked or geomerged spot then there is a chance for them to get RROD, temporarily though

6. iikiN

iikiN Ancient

So if the item you hover does disappear you then delete ten weapons?

7. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

the item you are hovering will dissapear. I you need tou whole map then do this in a remote place. And yes the teleporters will be gone forever.

8. iikiN

iikiN Ancient

Okay so once the item disappears the glitch worked and then save the map? If i send you a fr could you possibly help me do it in a map in the caves on avalanche?

9. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

it is way easier to just overload, place a box and save....

10. iikiN

iikiN Ancient

I would do that but if i place a box it takes away from the openness of the map, anyone willing to help please send a f/r to me and show me how to do this.

11. Guardion07

Guardion07 Ancient

The only way I know how to overload a map is to place a bunch of trip mines and blow up :p

EDIT: Not sure if it works on some maps, but I am for sure on snowbound.

12. FragdaddyXXL

FragdaddyXXL Ancient

Put a pallet between two walls, or just in a spot where it can't move. Put the pallet on instant respawn (run-time min) and constantly destroy it.

I have yet to prove that it works, but in one of my infection maps, I could make so many broken pallets that it would lower the framerate and, just like with overloading it with Tripmines, little sparks and flashes were coming out of the pile of wood pieces. Do this:

-Put a pallet in a cramped place

-Put it on instant respawn

-Have a fusion coil be on instant respawn and continuously fall from the sky.

-After about 20-30 seconds, have a wall spawn to prevent the coil from falling.

This would lower the framerate a bit for the first few seconds of the game, but perhaps if you make it so that the starting points are in an enclosed area, and after the map is overloaded, people can leave the spawns. I'll try to confirm this later today.