"Save as New Map"

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Gamekilla1, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Gamekilla1

Gamekilla1 Ancient

Well, sence my last topic "Gamekilla's 7 Wonders of Forging - The Middle of Foundry" (With over 30 posts :squirrel_jaffa:) I decided to try and figure out the other 6. Well, today I was forging my new map Tomb Stone (Found on my fileshare) and I was setting the territory areas, which took about 15 minutes. When I was finally done and went to save changes, the option wasn't there, only "Save as New Map". I don't know why this happed, so I just saved as new map, deleted the old one and changed it's name.

Has this ever happened to you? If it has can somebody explaine it or is it going to remain a mystery?

2. IxGUNxSLINGERxI

IxGUNxSLINGERxI Ancient

this happens to me all the time one time it was so bad i had now room left for maps and i had to restart so now every time i check to see if i have enough room

3. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

yeh this happened to me a couple of times too. it was especially annoying when i had no more space to save so i had to do it over. It was a big waste of time and annoying

4. Beettaaa

Beettaaa Ancient

Yeah, and also I found your 5th mystery: when doing too many new rounds, it ends the game, thus losing your map.

5. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Here is an example of how it happens:
    *You turn on your Xbox and load up Halo.
    *You go to Forge.
    *You see that the map you want to edit is already selected because it was the last map you edited.
    *You just press start game.

To avoid:
    *You turn on your Xbox and load up Halo.
    *You go to Forge.
    *No matter if the map you want is selected already, go into your maps and re-select it!

It seems that when you just load up the game it the game realizes the edited maps geometry but not that it is an actual saved map.

6. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I thought everyone here knew this. Just like interlocking and S&Q and instant respawn.

But I didn't know that's how you avoid it, Wakko.

7. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Yeah, it starts to get annoying when you have "The Ship", "The Ship001", "7he Ship" floating around. (I was to paranoid that to delete them that I'd delete the wrong one or need an older model incase I messed up.)

8. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Just when I thought I knew everything about Forge, Wakko enlightens me.

But having a few backup versions is never a bad thing. I've heard of map glitches where half the objects just disappear, or something like that.

Also, I recently was working on an "out of map" map and I accidentally deleted the one respawn point out there and restarted the round. I couldn't get back out there so I had to start all over.

9. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

That's exactly what I did to one of my maps. Then I thought, hell, I give up, and trashed the whole thing.

10. Matty

Matty Ancient

When in the forge menu, if it automatically loads the map for you, (because that was the last thing you forged on) you need to re-load it, by choosing it again from the list. This is because the xbox doesnt think that this is a map you made, it thinks its a default one.

Also with the start new round thing. After 24 rounds the game ends, so make sure to save regularly when interlocking.

11. Warlord Alpha

Warlord Alpha Ancient

Having backup copies also takes care of accidental deletion, but one think that has happened to me and a friend is especially retarded. The game deletes the map. I had this map i was working on called arena. One day i was going to work on it and all of a sudden it wasnt there. It wasnt in my recents, it wasnt in my maps, it was just gone as if it never existed. My friend who had tested it with me also didnt have it in his recents, even though we played it together the night before.

A similar thing happened to him. We were both making the map and one day it just wasnt there. Even though we had forged on very recently, we never couldve played 25 games in between that. It just dissapeared.

So we each kept about 5 different versions of it and finlly finished it but he refuses to publish it for some reason.

Actually, i believe the limit is 32.

12. XarabianNinjaX

XarabianNinjaX Ancient

this happens to me all the time i hate it. to be sure that u dont lose wat u hav because there is not enough space, make sure u clean out ur custom content regularly(maps, films, gametypes). just delete things u surely dont need.