Saturn

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by thelastlaugh27, Mar 1, 2008.

1. thelastlaugh27

thelastlaugh27 Ancient

Map Title: SATURN
    4 Banked Turns!

Download Map
    Download Gametype

Description:
    This track is a tournament styled track featuring multiple banked turns! Starting out from a landslide style garage, you go around a bend until you reach the first banked turn, made out of walls. After the incline, the banke begins to steep down and the ride begins. At the end of that turn is a short transition to the fence wall banked turn* marked by a tringle of lights. Hang on for the ride of you life as you feel the g-forces push your mongoose into the track! After you finish it, you then transition to a double wide banked turn. Be careful, you can be passed here. After that, you have a stretch of turns and straightaways to either get the lead or keep it. Take the hairpin banked turn and continue down the path until you reach the beginning...

[img width=800 height=600]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii232/chrslbrt/Saturn/Overview.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii232/chrslbrt/Saturn/Garage.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii232/chrslbrt/Saturn/Bank.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii232/chrslbrt/Saturn/HighG.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii232/chrslbrt/Saturn/Checkpoint.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii232/chrslbrt/Saturn/DoubleWideBT.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii232/chrslbrt/Saturn/ShieldTurn.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii232/chrslbrt/Saturn/Hairpin.jpg[/img]

2. LOL zombie

LOL zombie Ancient

Re: Saturn ~~4 Banked Turns!~~

Hmm.. this looks pretty cool, but i don't see why you put teleporters on the stars unless you were tring to direct them.

3. Bllasae

Bllasae Ancient

Whoa dude, that first picture CANNOT be real. But why did you place the grav lifts or mancannons.

4. abixenator

abixenator Ancient

Great, the first picture shows you put a lot of effort into this. 10/10

5. thelastlaugh27

thelastlaugh27 Ancient

The grav lift contols your speed so that the turn is easier when multiple people are racing...

That is the point. Some newbs would try the track and go up the stairs, so I was guiding them...

6. Bllasae

Bllasae Ancient

But is the first picture real? Like, without manipulation, could I take that picture on the map?
    EDIT:Are you sure we should download the gametype? Unlike your posts there, it has a ton of spelling mistakes and it's not even made by you. Are you sure?

7. BanditK

BanditK Ancient

It looks like it would be easy to get off a mongoose and walk to a checkpoint. but thats what i see form looking at the pics. i would have to download it to be sure but im no were near my xbox and probly wont be untill tomarrow.

8. thelastlaugh27

thelastlaugh27 Ancient

Its real. I took it from the corner and posted... And the gaetype is the one of our group. That is why I use it...

Well, if someone doenst want to race, and they cheat, you can boot them. I personally dont believein anti cheat systems for these reasons...
    1. If they dont wanna race, they can leave...
    2. Anti Cheat systems require objects and money
    3. They are usually unattractive looking
    4. You could just boot a cheater

9. MusicalSoul

MusicalSoul Ancient

As much as I love racing maps that include banked turns, this map really caught my attention. It's being DL'd as I type this. Can't wait to get some friends together and try it out. From the pics I give it a rating of 9/10. And I agree, if people cant/dont want to race fairly, they can just be booted. :squirrel_jaffa:

10. Orangeremi

Orangeremi Ancient

Here is my rating (just from looks):
    Playabilty: 7/10 Looks like there are shield doors in unneeded places. Also, first banked turn looks very bumpy.
    Fun-ness:9/10 Looks very enjoyable. Would not be fun if played with a cheater.
    Durability:0/10 No attempt to keep people on the track, No attempt to keep people from walking on track, No attempt to keep people from scoring points on foot, or just camping on it with the mongoose.
    The map looks good, although I am not going to download it for the soul reason that there is not an anti-cheating device.
    Without it, the map relies on honor rules.
    Honor Rules=Fail.
    And you we're flaming the other race maps that were actually unbreakable.

11. Agamer

Agamer Ancient

looks excellent you have my download taking that im a harsh critic and that its so easy to make a racetrack and yours looks pretty good

12. thelastlaugh27

thelastlaugh27 Ancient

Well, how could you say the first banked turn is bumpy just because most of the pieces arent merged. I wouldnt make it rough and then published it. And honor rules, all tracks require honor rules. How would you count laps. And dont play with cheaters or ignore their score. Besides anti cheat systems are ugly on tracks... The shield doors add fun. I suggest that before you rate a track, actually play it...

13. Ty

Ty Guest

This map actually looks pretty sweet and well thought out. Does it have measures taken to smite cheaters? or do the goals work well for doing that?

14. thelastlaugh27

thelastlaugh27 Ancient

The goals work well in stopping cheaters becuase it is placed at a good spot. While cheating is incredibly difficult, it is still unfortunately possible. My friend tried to help me make it anti cheat, but it backfired, and some stuff came up. He got upset about me not liking it and now he removed me from his friends list. So, that is another reason that I dont make anti-cheat systems...

15. OooCheeMama24

OooCheeMama24 Ancient

This map works perfectly and is probably one of the top 3 racetracks that ive ever seen...and thats saying a lot because Ive played on Hundreds of tracks.

16. superguh007

superguh007 Ancient

Uhh... are you saying you've never bothered to look at Bungie 500, which is almost certainly the most widely known racetrack as of right now? Because I've played it with friends who had never played a racetrack before, and I don't seem to recall making them obey honor rules.

17. faceplanter7774

faceplanter7774 Ancient

this map looks cool how many days have you spent working on it?

18. HPssauce

HPssauce Ancient

yo pepl, admire the work come on- it looks f*****g immense, cant wait to download. you must have spent ages gettin the correct angles. Today I was trying to make a spiral staircase out of bridges and interlockin them all to make a correct gradient was painstakingly difficult. Doing this for a whole race course is commitment. Well done, im guessin you used the unlimited budget right

19. TaBaSCo v2

TaBaSCo v2 Ancient

Map is great and plays great fun for any age, skill, or prefrence.

20. ferrari504

ferrari504 Ancient

WOW! looks realy fun