Sapphire

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Gravedigger5454, Jul 24, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

1.8%
  2. Okay

0.9%
  3. Average

3.6%
  4. Good

23.2%
  5. Great

70.5%
  1. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Sapphire
    Created by Chipsinabox

Sapphire is a small, completely enclosed map that makes use of the rave gametypes. The design and execution in the forging in this map are superb, combining many new and unique aesthetic touches whilst still providing unparalleled and intense close-combat gameplay.

Gameplay using the rave gametypes (needler starts) allow for explosive and sometimes hilarious gameplay which lends to the maps casual side, often you will find players laughing manically into their headsets as they fall a foot short of a flag capture, and constant teabagging is a curse of the maps festive nature.

The map is generally symmetrical, the only differences are in the bases, teleporters from the bases allow you out into the central room or "hub" room from which you can walk to either base. plasma weapons are in abundance, but still equal without being overpowering. you will often find yourself coming back to sapphire for the hilarity and often quite addictive gameplay that it offers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7rO-UXck_E

#1 Gravedigger5454, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
  2. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

O sweet! I love this map. The gametypes work so well with it. Congrats on the feature Chips!

3. Supernaut

Supernaut Ancient

I like this map not my style but still good.

4. Verno

Verno Ancient

Wow, 2 featured maps in one day (and within an hour)! Well this was a fun map when I last played it. It's really small though.

#4 Verno, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  5. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

CHIPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CONGRATS MAN!

i thought they were just overlooking the greatness here.

woah double feature of my favorite maps!

6. jedi eli

jedi eli Ancient

Congrats on the feature! This map totally deserves it. Looks really fun to play. I guess the featured map party will play it.

7. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

I remember this from the decocontest. I thought it was really fun evan though it contained needlers :)

Congrats on the feature!

8. Mysterious D

Mysterious D Ancient

Oh wow, two great maps featured back to back! I love Sapphire, it's completely original and the Rave game type fits the atmosphere perfectly!

This is what you get when originality meets fun, learn from it.

9. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

two features in one day? wasnt expecting this. I've actually never gotten to play this one, but it looked beautiful when i first saw it. I'll have to play some rave gametypes on thism because they are obviously fun if this got featured.

10. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

you took the words straight from my mouth. now i don't know hat to say....

great map, every one download or i will give all of you viruses

; D

11. Dr. Chombie

Dr. Chombie Ancient

this is a sweet map and well constructed but i dont like playing on it that much.

12. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

This is amazing, I am so gald it got featured. Way to go Chips, this one definitely deserves it.

13. Randal Stevens

Randal Stevens Ancient

I actually played this one before and it was fun. Not your typical Halo, but still very fun. I had no idea there were so many gametypes! Are they all as fun as the rave slayer one that I played?

14. Puddinpwner

Puddinpwner Ancient

15. Beyond Skill198

Beyond Skill198 Ancient

Hm what's the deal with two features in one day..? I think that kinda cuts some valuable front page, top story time for Project S, and that map really deserves it.

16. DarkStar

DarkStar Ancient

I like the how the shield doors look like windows and how the crystal glows, 5/5.:squirrel_chatting:

17. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

Congrats Chips, I just wish they would have featured it some other time.
    Well I can't really download this again, considering I've already downloaded it before.

:)

18. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

Congrats, Chips!!!!

I played through this with you the day before it was posted up. I must say that I've played it many, many times since then. It's a great map with an equally great gametype. Everything fits; everything's perfect. Great job!!!

19. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!! This is easily your best map, Chips. I hope you can top it. ;)

(lulz @ discussion reference)

20. Tex

Tex Ancient

I think it is rather obvious where I stand on this map, considering I've posted at least 3 times in the original thread, and that I made a video of it (Well, that was mostly for chips...Cause he is such a badass...). There are no words to describe the diversity of this map. It's deserved feature since day ****ing one, but, nevertheless, it is here now, and there is nothing you staffers can do about it! muahahaha!

As for this being posted 3 hours after Project S, what can I say, it is too late now to take it back, this map is posted, there is not much anyone can do about it. Either way, this map deserves its spotlight, and I'm not going to ask anyone to touch its position at the front page. That would be rather hypocritical of me, considering I have wanted this to be feature since I first saw how original it was.

I ****ing lessthenthree you chips. And I ****ing lessthenthree this map.

Congratulations, and let's see that next masterpiece.