Sandbox Sanitarium

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by cburgdemon21, Sep 30, 2009.

1. porkstein

porkstein Ancient

This looks surprisingly well forged for a map that doesn't seem to use much (if any) interlocking. I guess that just goes to show that 'advanced' techniques aren't always necessary. Good work.

2. Shlbamobinladen

Shlbamobinladen Ancient

Well I would like to first say that if you want weapon variety, bring in new weapons and out with the old. So what I mean is you did good on bringing in with the new, but 10brs is enough to support even a 4 v4. So if you want people to go for new weapons have 1-2 brs I mean look a Guardian-1br.

Your map looks fairly good not much original architecture but very solid skybubble map. You know i always tell myself more levels, to an extent, means a better variety in gameplay. So I bealive you have accomplised this. I will test and find out whenever, one last thing I would like to see your weapons list more deatailed with spawn time and clips and such.

3. cburgdemon21

cburgdemon21 Ancient

Porkstein, I wanted to show with this map that you don't have to interlock every single piece on the map for it to be good, I did use interlocking, but I didn't waste any pieces by over doing it. Shlbamo, I bowed down to one of the testers complaining about br's. In retrospect, it prolly wasn't a good idea to have so many, but I'll make a v2 of the map that edits weapons. As well as a few other issues.

4. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Uh, there isnt any interlocking I can see, thats just a fat spam sandwich.

While the layout of this map is pretty cool, it would be way smoother if it was all interlocked, but thats not the most important thing to do. There is an epic amount of weapons here, I mean 10 BRs? thats crazy for a small map like this. I mean dont get me wrong, its an important weapon, but 10?! Plus, whats the point of 3 magnums and 2 plasma pistols on this size of map, to add to a sword, Brute shot and everything else. Thats a messy choice of weapons. I saw you said you took some out, you should update the OP to tell us that.

While this looks pretty cool, it needs some serious adjustments to this weapon layout. Dont take that harsh, its just the way it is.