Sandbox Sandcastle

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by loudemu, Apr 20, 2009.

1. loudemu

loudemu Ancient

Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details leads to my map and a pic of it... a picture is worth a 1000 words : ) picture also on the bottom

Sandbox variant
    Sandcastle is a flexable map able to apapt to all gametypes. ideal for 6 or more players but when im lonely i play on it just to climb the map and race around
    -(i had 1 bomb, assault, team snipers,infection, swat and team slayer in mind)-
    - it takes place "ground" part of the map-

The genaral description: the main feature of this map is its fort or castle, whatever you want to call it the castle is loacated in the center of the map, surrounding it are "houses" each "house" is climbable and all exept 2 can be entered, most houses are multi-leveled and have more then one entrance. Weapons , warthogs and "mongeese" are loacated in the "city" areas. Stronger weapons will be found in the corners of the houses (how many people have a rocket launcher laying around), but weapons in the fort/castle will be laying around. The city itself has loads of good sniper spots where you could score a easy sniper spree in a min or 2.

Castle / fort description: The square fort has one main entrance ( but entrances can be found on the sides in the form of half walls with you can climb. When attacking the fort you can also be creative and deal out some "death from above" and jump from the higher roof of a house down onto the surprised fort defender below. Anyway the castle has a warthog (?gausse?)
    and a transport hornet located on the "keeps" roof. The "keep" is in the middle of the fort and has olny one entrance, the keep has 4 levels. The basement could be a campers paradise. Why? it has loads of close quarter power weapons and a overshield, the olny downside is that a wall slit that can be found outside the keep ( stick the camper ). the middle levels are not much but they can used to fire down on attackers if they managed to break into the castle. On the top floor a turret, beam rifle and a transport hornet are waiting for use. The hornet serves as a good lookout unit or intimadater but can be easly shot down from the houses that contain anti-hornet weapons, the turret also acts like a intimadater but also serves as a trap for snipers and the location serves as a good snipeing area.

By the time you used to read this you could have downloaded and enjoyed my map, so hurry up and go have some fun.

P.S. The creator of this map is Unquietemu (me) but for some reason it does not show it... Bungie help me!

[​IMG][/URL]

#1 loudemu, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. LIGHTSOUT225

Please read THIS topic to learn how to properly embed your screenshots the quickest way. Your thread will be locked in one hour if it is not up to the map post standards (you are required to have a working embeded pic).

Any other further mention of this thread not being up to standards, or lacking pictures, or anything of the like in this thread, is subject to an infraction. This is a forum rule.

3. spectraltravis

spectraltravis Ancient

this looks cool you should put in more pics though i think for the roof of the keep you need some sort of cover from enemy weapons and instead of a hornet use a banshee also some parts of the keep are sort of sloppy

4. loudemu

loudemu Ancient

well i forgot to mention that its a transport hornet and that getting close to the city usally gets you shot down...
    as for sloppyness it was olny 1 piece but i had no choice because of its akwardness and the fact that i didnt know how to interlock ( i do know )