Sandbox Sandboxed

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Hobbes, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Hobbes

Hobbes Forerunner

Sandboxed is a symmetrical map made for all the gametypes including Slayer, Capture the Flag, Assault, Oddball, and King of the Hill. There are two bases, Red base and Blue base. The Blue base is smaller but it has a short hall with a warthog inside. The red base is a level higher and has a bridge that leads from the hidden hall to the right walkway (or vice versa). I have worked hard on this map, and I'm proud to present it to you here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Blue base

[​IMG]
    Blue base hallway

[​IMG]
    Blue base Warthog

[​IMG]
    Center room

[​IMG]
    Red base

[​IMG]
    Red base bridge

[​IMG]
    Red base lower hallway

[​IMG]
    Red base Upper Hallway, Bridge, Center Room​

This took me about 5 days to make and I'm happy to give this to you. I don't want to put in a million links to the gametypes, so here:

Click here for the map.

Click here for the gametypes.

2. ZAXLAX 15

ZAXLAX 15 Forerunner

Well from wha. I can tell, the map seems EXTREMELY breakable, I'm not sure if you intended on this? Also I think a lot more interlocking would greatly add to the aesthetics of your map, and I will have to try this game out first, but a warthog on this sized map looks pointless, but that could just be from the pictures, it looks fun, would add some
    merging, and would make the map unbreakable, a v2 might be needed to perfect this map, but goodjob, keep forging! :)

3. Dulden

Dulden Forerunner

One, thats not even close to being symmetrical. The blue base is enclosed and small, and the red base is open and bigger. Plus the warthog is a little unnecessary. The spartan laser is ok, but since there is also rockets it seems overpowered for TS. The blue base also seems very campable because theres only one entrance. The red base seems too open and the middle area doesnt seem to have enough cover. Finally Id say its way to easy to get out.

But the little amounts of merging seem good, and the map overall looks clean. If you ran out of money, I highly recommend a glitched map. If you have money fix the sides so you cant get out. Although theres are a lot of cons the gameplay wouldnt be that bad, I dont know about the weapons though. I think you should forge it a little bit and make it unbreakable. Its not bad for a second map though. 6/10.

4. Hobbes

Hobbes Forerunner

Thanks guys. I do agree I have alot of power weapons, and I'll try to make the Blue Base in 2.0 much much bigger. But I didn't want to copy the Red Base's Design. I'll definably take away the power weapons and I'll try to add more. I too agree that the Warthog is pointless, but my brother; he was playing and said that I should put a vehicle in there. I might replace it with a Mongoose or just remove it completely in the 2.0

Thanks for your reviews.

Happy Forging!