Sandbox Skybubble Ideas

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by St. Burke, Mar 10, 2009.

1. St. Burke

St. Burke Ancient

Well I think I have a couple pretty good ideas for maps, so please take the time to look over them, and if anyone wants to make these godly creations then notify me because i want to see my babies spring to life.
    *IMPORTANT EDIT*
    It seems that there was some confusion, this is a thread for me to tell you my ideas, and not for youall to tell me your ideas. Not to be mean but i think your ideas would be more well heard if you made your own thread.

Hornet Hive:
    This map takes place in the Sky bubble.
    There are 2 or 4 bases each on one of the outer sides of the sky bubble grid.
    There is nothing to connect the bases, but each of the 4 bases has a number of hornets and transport hornets, well I don’t know how many hornets it allows you to have, :\
    Any ways each base will also house basic weapons, sniper rifles, one rocket pod and a couple turrets; again I don’t know how many they allow you. This map would be pretty cool for like CTF. Picture epic mid air struggles for the flag, and imagine how hard it would be to transverse. I think that there will be a lot of skill involved

Swords of our Kings:
    This next map also takes place in the sky bubble.
    Again there are 2-4 bases far apart and now , spaced out between the bases are many pillars that make it so the only way to get to the enemy base is to jump across and in the middle there is a sub base with four almighty swords in it :O. Each base only has basic battle rifles and assault rifles. I imagine this map would be intensely difficult for capture the flag or bomb squad or even slayer or team slayer
    My proposed name for this would be : "Swords of our Kings: : because the outcome of the game pretty much depends on who’s side has the most swords obtained :) I imagine a power struggle for the swords.

Maze-cannon:
    Lastly is another sky bubble map.
    This next idea puts a more dangerous spin on the pillar spacing idea.
    It is close to the last one, but the platforms are far apart, fairly larger, more like small rooms, and can only be transversed by mancannons. This would take careful measurements of the man-cannons power and accuracy. I imagine some of the platforms containing power weapons such as sniper rifles, swords, grav hammers, grenade launcher things, rocket launchers, and such. I also imagine some of the man cannons leading to dead end blocks where there is no man-cannon and the only way off is to wait for your death. These twists and turns led me to call this map: Maze-cannon and is another interesting CTF map

Thanks a lot for your time,
    St. Burke

#1 St. Burke, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. PandaMan

PandaMan Ancient

personally i like the first idea the best, it seems the most do-able, but if i made add a suggestion, maybe put a pallet floating, and put each teams flag on it. or if neutral bomb, then on pallet with the bomb on it in the middle. also, i would say, carrier hornets and banshees probably in my opinion.

pretty good ideas tho.

3. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

I'm already in the process of constructing the first one. Testing will begin next week when I've got internet on my XBox again, and look for a published map before the end of the month.

I've got a couple other ideas myself:
    Cats in the Box Traditional game of cat and mouse, only there'd be a slight twist. The cats would have a ring around the outside of the sky bubble, and the mice would be on the middle plain. The cats strafe around the outside of their ring and shoot at the mice below. The only issue is that the ring would have to be at an angle so the cats could see, which makes building the map a challenge. The mice would also have a few structures of cover (i.e. obstacles), which lends to another gametype:
    - Scope Cats Four or five cats on the ring up top with lasers and snipers.

Ascension Remake ...yeah.

Divine Comedy This one actually plays on the various locales of the map in an attempt to run through Dante's Inferno. Nine layers of hell, Purgatory, and then seven levels of heaven. Maybe make it a retreating zombies/V.I.P. map? I'm not sure, but I definitely want to make a map with the crypt as hell and the skybox as heaven.

Anyone else have any ideas worth sharing?

4. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

That could be pretty damn epic if it had enough time and thought put in to it. The atmosphere would be really important, but you're right that the 3 Sandbox environments do lend themselves well to the purpose. The lighting orbs would be really useful as well, red obviously being useful for the hell sections, and the mix of red and blue to give that weird white/purple light would look great in heaven. The object aesthetics on Sandbox could also work really well for the theme if done right, temple kinda structures in heaven I'd say, and hell in the crypt kinda makes itself. I would say, though, that it's worth keeping gameplay above true accuracy to the original depictions, building a coherent set of structures that play well in the crypt in particular is going to be a tough one. Again, this will take a looot of planning and design to get the gameplay right, let alone the forging involved, but done right it would be truly epic.

5. St. Burke

St. Burke Ancient

Thanks for all of the kindness :)
    does anyone else like these?

6. abandoned heretic

this gave me an idea a one bomb game where one team has hornets the defenders will use rockeets and lasers the defending base floor is pallets when the bomb is planted all of the defenders fall to death and overpallets is a shield door so it cant be destroyes with the vehicles

7. St. Burke

St. Burke Ancient

Well, thats a good idea. But im leaving these ideas in the hands of creators, im just an idea guy so if anyone wants to make these maps (and please make them) just notify me and credit me.

8. FoxmanFX

FoxmanFX Ancient

My ideas - as yet to build them

Falling - basicly a vertical level
    a huge tube that starts from the top of the skybox and leads down to the crypt.
    Spawn at the top and start falling.
    One set of teleporters to drop you between the skybox death layer and the top of the main level.
    a funnnel to take you in to the crypt tube
    a teleporter at the bottom of the crypt to drop you back at the top again

Vertical Vertigo
    As above but with small ledges all the way down - no way to hop back up, only go down able to free drop or catch edges.

Vertical Vertigo - Last Man Falling
    put a kill ball at the bottom of the crypt.
    1 life per round
    invulnerable
    Rockets or brute shot or etc + grenades
    Goal is to be the last person to hit the ground.

9. St. Burke

St. Burke Ancient

I think your missing the poihnt of this disscussion this was for people to see my ideas, so if you want to shw your ideas then make a seperate thread.

10. supertoaster

supertoaster Ancient

A new Hobo heights? pallets can stay on the sky bubble with no teleporters or wep. holders. and fire from the ground-level can penetrate the skybubble's barrier.

11. St. Burke

St. Burke Ancient

Wow Raiden that sounds pretty cool.

12. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

The first one sounds the most practical and interesting. Start with that. The others seem kinda difficult to pull off. Sandbox may be called, "unlimited," but it is in fact constrained by the limits of Forge.

13. St. Burke

St. Burke Ancient

I understand :)
    thanks for the constructive critisizm

14. Katanga

Katanga Ancient

CTR: Crash Team racing courses. I am adamant somebody will do them.

A good mini-game to make use of the many eyes of Sauron on the ground weould be good, but as far as sky bubble maps go, I have no idea.

15. St. Burke

St. Burke Ancient

Pretty cool idea, but see the EDIT i made in the first post to get a better idea of what im doing here :)

16. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

Nah two versions are enough.
    Do a reverse hobo heightsspawn a bunch of zombies on floating pallets in random parts of skybox.
    But more for extra spawned zombies naturally.Give each pallet a ten second spawn timer.Then put a minimum spawn of say 4 so theres never no zombies firing.
    Give the zombies fuel rod guns and close up part of sandbox mid layer and put plenty of cover in it.
    The idea is for the humans to survive and delay the inevitable by using limited weapons to destroy pallet killing the zombie on top of it.
    I think it'd be more fun for both sides overall

As for your maps burke.Hornet hive seems the best out of them.
    I've been working on a similar idea for a "pirates" type of game.Hehe tried on standoff in the void but that failed epically.Sandbox's the only viable map becuase it actually allows you to have 8 flying vehicles(4 aside)
    My expansion wouldnt be two floating bases but two bases build to resemble two ship,coupled with hangers for each of the banshees and hornets.
    Put blocked teleporters on both ships(one way) to stop it getting to drawn out(one person sneaks in and gets his whole "crew" onboard.
    The idea would be a game resembling the classic "boarding action" from halo:CE except with vehiclular combat to spice things up.

#16 Supa Midget, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  17. St. Burke

St. Burke Ancient

Thanks Midget your idea is cool.

18. Br4nd3n

Br4nd3n Ancient

Interesting idea.. I like this one. I in fact just thought up a new mini games, thanks :happy:

19. St. Burke

St. Burke Ancient

>_> this is not about hobo heighs or raiden (no offence)