Sandbox Map Database

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Nestik, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Already added, also, look forward to a huge change later on in the week.

2. Spirit798

Spirit798 Ancient

I've been waiting for that a while now, can't wait to see it!
    Not to pressurize you, of course, take your time making it as spiffy as possible, please :3

3. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Oh this change is better than anything i've hinted towards before. I won't tell anyone what i'm doing, but me and the FH Admins are working on it together in a way.

4. Spartan201

Spartan201 Ancient

I have two maps, both have gametypes to go with them.

Halo 3 File Details Nightfall. Infection Gametype is in the set. Defend the base against the barely visible zombie horde. The base and 2 warthogs are all you're gonna get. (From memory hahaha)

Halo 3 File Details Strike. CTF varient is in the set..Two teams attack and defend a base. Attackers get vehicles and defenders get power weapons, so use teamwork.

5. TrueBlueHero

TrueBlueHero Ancient

Original Map

-=SHRINE=-
    High above the majestic dunes of a long forgotten desert, glimmering in the last kisses of a dying sun lies a forbidden temple no human being has ever set foot on. Two shrines facing each other once contained the essences of fire and water. It was a place of peace and tranquillity, but as these elements are the antithesis of each other also the ancient worshipers became instruments of this everlasting discrepancy and waged war on each other, in their foolishness not realizing that the bridges that connected the temples were meant to symbolize more then just being structures of sand and stone.

Now, thousands of years later young UNSC-Spartans are being trained in a simulation of this mythological place to not only test their skills but to probably learn a lesson when their weapons finally rest.

Overall Features
    * small symmetrical map purpose-built for intense team-battles
    * players: 2-8 (recommended: due to layout, spawns etc. not more than 8 players!)
    * gametyps: all kinds of team games are possible: Slayer, CTF, Oddball, KOTH, Terretories

Look
    * better judge for yourself:
    Shrine
    Overlook of the map
    Red Base from the opposite side
    On the top of the base
    Entrance area
    Blue Base from the bridges
    * max. forge item limit reached!

Map Features
    * built on the sky layer of sandbox (so watch your step!)
    * two shrines/team bases facing each other (connected via bridges) with a clue - direct view from your flag spawn to that of the other team
    * via a teleporter to the top of your base, where not only a sniper rifle awaits you but also a man cannon which brings you directly to a small platform hanging in the middle of the map housing the power weapon: the sword
    * the map is designed in such a way, that there is a constant sniper duel going on, and via the direct view to the other flag, last-second-shots are possible before the other team is able to score (which adds a lot of tension)
    * due to the direct and clean map layout team support and teamwork is not only a plus but an absolutely must to be successful in objective games (because of multiple enemy waves lone wolves are destined to fail)
    * the competitive aspect of the map is also supported via the weapon set: a lot of BRs and Sniper Rifles plus the absence of weapons like Maulers, Rockets, etc.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE
    I hope all of you enjoy and have a lot of fun and that we'll see a lot of other interesting maps here!
    TrueBlueHero

6. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Not meaning to sound like a douche, but this database was not meanht or is not to be used in no manner or way as a means to advertise your map or post your map onto the forums, what you wrote above is a map POST. Things such as these require their own thread, so please refrain from doing this in this database again. This was only made to post download links to maps or link to the maps own thread to keep the Sandbox maps away from the rest of the forged maps and to make them easier to find by category. Thank you.

Also, an important update for all of you. I may not be updating as much in the next few days as I am working on a HUGE update with the help and approval of some of the higher ups on FH. So don't think I forgot about you and this database. Just be patient with me, you'll love this update and it's for the best. Don't want to give out anymore info than i already have.

7. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

SandboxUltimate

It's a canvas with lasers blocked, OLN preserved, and clean money glitch (see thread for details on how if you want).

8. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Letting everyone know, I have not forgotten this thread and i most certainly have not given up on it. I've been working on my "big surprise" alot recently so i haven't updated this recently, but tommorrow i'm looking to do a HUGE update and this update may be the last one until the surprise is released depending on how long it'll take to get that finished. So if you'd like to help me update this for tommorrow then please send any recent maps that arent here to me in a PM that you feel meet FH standards and are in need of an add. Thanks again for being so patient with me, you won't regret the lack of updates if all goes as planned i swear!

9. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Important Announcement!

Sorry for double posting, I just figured this was urgent and the only way to get people to read it is to make a new reply so the majority that already read my last one didn't skip over this. On to the announcement!

Anyone and everyone that uses the SMD and would like to help change it or add something to it in a helpful way. (Organization, map submitting, ratings, categories etc.) ANYTHING that would better the SMD for the community then please submit your ideas here. It is of the utmost importance that i get feedback from the community immediately! In the near future their will be a HUGE change to the SMD and i've had some PM's asking and suggesting changes or different ways for organization or other add-ons. I want to incorporate as many of the communities ideas into this update! So i figured instead of you all PMing me or some of you who may have doubted that i'd listen, I encourage you to go to the thread in the link above and post your suggestions/ideas. All ideas will be taken into great consideration.

I made this database for the community, so your the ones who decide how it's setup and what it has. Tell me ANYTHING. I want to make it as close and as interactive as the majority wants it to be!

You can also find the same thread that is linked above in the main post its the link in the blue sentence.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and for all your ideas/suggestions. Hope i'll make everyone happy when this update launches.

Insane54: Shouldn't be a problem with the double post I believe, IMO it's fine.

#89 Nestik, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
  10. d SKUNK b

d SKUNK b Ancient

Put The Newly Added Maps On There Please...

11. thumtac

thumtac Ancient

Just a suggestion, I would put the rating of the map next to each map as in its star count. It makes it easier to pick out the best maps.

12. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

Skyquest

Conquest map in the skybubble. ^_^

13. Dow

Dow Ancient

I think you are missing Draw The Line's minigame. It was called metoers or something like that and had falling vehicles from the death balls in the sky.

14. Spirit798

Spirit798 Ancient

Sorry to not be helping this thread any further, but any idea when we'll be able to lay our eyes on the update and see it is good?
    Or to say it differently have you given it a deadline yet?

Also, just downloaded another few maps - I've said it before, but this database is ownage.

15. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

Armageddon and he didn't miss it, it is under Casual

#95 STWOW, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  16. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

I'm hoping the update will be ready and out within the week or next week at the latest, i just need feedback from the community before i can get any further.

Soo, start telling me what you want here! The faster i get feedback the faster you get update.

And i really want this out sooner than my set deadline so please.. give me some feedback.

17. d SKUNK b

d SKUNK b Ancient

Another Update...... MORE MAPS! +more youtube vids...

DEADGOOSE:
    YouTube - Halo3- Sandbox: DEADGOOSE

Slither + Other Versions:

Unfinished

Forbidden Ruins:

Unfinished

DOG FRIGHT:

Unfinished

Innovation:

Unfinished

Deadly Derby:

Unfinished

Run 0R D13!:

Unfinished

HOLDOUT BASE 42:

Unfinished

SO FAR MY YOUTUBE VIDS QUALITY SUCKS SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP I HAVE A DAZZLE DVC100 AND AM USING PINNACLE STUDIO 12 FOR MY CAPTURING PROGRAM, AND SONY VEGAS 8.0 FOR MY EDITING SOFTWARE...

PLEASE HELP!!!

#97 d SKUNK b, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  18. chung_wii

chung_wii Ancient

This is a very cool thread that you've started. I am having a tough time finding good sandbox maps and I saw this and was like.... oh my god!!! so, i'm giving you a big thanks. I am in the process of making a map on sandbox and I will let you know once I finish it and post it correctly. thank's again bud! :happy:

19. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Thank you. :D this is why i made it! lol.

Also, i still need suggestions/ideas before i can finish up and carry on with the update im working on for yall! so please give me something! i need it! i'm hoping to get this update out this week! so PM me or use the thread just give me some ideas and what you want! thanks in advance to all that help out!

20. animalmother671

animalmother671 Ancient

can you remove the link to my courtyard map in the foundry remake section and add it to the original casual map section? and also can you link it to Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details and label it "Cryptyard"? pls thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.