Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ancient

Agree. Blackout is a fine replacement.

As for the tier thing, I'm just wondering how many awesome minigames and maps will be using both levels. Bungie surprised me on this one. I never thought they would go this far to please us.

2. Felipe dos

Felipe dos Ancient

Gawd damn, look at that. It's like they're legalizing Out-of-Blackout maps.

3. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

And that isn't spam? You didn't say anything about Sandbox at all in that post and just complained how the last 30 pages of this thread have been spam, which they haven't. I have been providing very good quality posts that nobody cares about, along with the moderators.

Back on topic however, how will you guys use those giant light towers on the edges of the map to your advantages? After seeing what people could do with the light on Cold Storage, which wasn't really much, I am looking forward to a lot of Foundry Mini-Game Remakes.

All I want now is a list of all the forgeable items and I will be happy with that.

Who's with me on a scarab gun and that large soccer ball from Halo 2? Hehehe...

Yes, although Blackout is a fine replacement, what's wrong with a sandy version? Neither the original Lockout or Blackout are made of the same structures, and this could provide to perhaps make a much better Lockout remake. Nobody will stop making remakes, ever.

But really, how are we going to make urban maps anymore?

4. RaVNzCRoFT

RaVNzCRoFT Ancient

That's because your orange text is extremely annoying, and everybody automatically skips over orange posts because they know it's you.

How are we going to make them? The same way we always have. The skins will be off-theme, but the geometry is really all that matters.

5. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

yah, it's not that much different. its just that now, you cant get out of the map without dying. so thats nice.

6. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Well I use orange for edits.

Oh and haz diagram.
    [​IMG]

7. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

That seems logical, exceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeept I believe vehicles will die too since Bungie mentioned race tracks and what-not and it seemed to imply that falling would still result in death. Otherwise, if you made a floating map and put vehicles in it you're always going to be allowing the player to go back to the ground tier. So personally I think vehicles will get blowsed up too. Possibley (though unlikely) flying vehicles wont assplode.

Oh and turn down your Kill Volume, it's too loud!

What's not that much different and how does this "thing that is not much different" prevent you from getting out of the map without dying in a way that is different from all the things in all the other maps that also prevent you from getting out of the map without dying. Speak sense man! (My longest sentence ever, can't be bothered restructuring it)

8. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

Okay ... i've only just read that second Sandbox interview ... now i'm DEFINITELY going to be getting either the Halo Wars LE or the Map Pack (depending on cashflow) ...

Dear god ... that is amazing.

Also
    This.

9. RaVNzCRoFT

RaVNzCRoFT Ancient

Yes, but you don't use orange for your entire post. And you're not inherently annoying. ;)

Nice diagram, too. Seems likely.

10. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

I wanna know how much space is from the skybubble to the barrier above. Pleeeeeaase like 8 stories.

11. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

For the record $80 > $10

I would just wait for the map pack to be on the marketplace.

12. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Halo Wars>Map Pack...yeah that's right...I said it. Halo Wars is godly.

13. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

I've played a few RTS games, and imo HW is **** compared to others I have played.

14. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

SC>ever other RTS..and I was an SC addict for a lot of years. Halo Wars is amazing. It's the first RTS to actually successfully work on a console. None of the C&C ****. Either way, it's completely worth it. Mappack will probably be a month later.

15. Transactionzero

Transactionzero Ancient

From what I gather from the screen shots is that we will be able to build fairly high. I hope eight stories cause then I can can make a giant flying centipede. Oh yes, Halo Wars is fun, plays similar to Starcraft With the exception of Heros. Maybe like a hybrid of Starcraft/Warcraft.

Oh yea. Urk, any chance of a Portal gun being included in sandbox?

16. I V3L0x

I V3L0x Ancient

Halo Wars is amazing. C&C deosnt work. Cant wait for the map pack.

17. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

i mean that we were talking about building cities in the sky, and i was saying it won't be much different actually constructing them, except you have more items. you have more items due to the fact that you don't need to build a wall or barrier or whatever because if someone gets out of the map, they die. basically,you dont have to waste precious objects on a barrier, its already there

18. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

Ah K. Well you don't have to do the Save+Quit glitch over and over again either to get them to stay up there, I'd say that's quite an improvement!

19. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

I would say one MASSIVE difference is the invisible floor to build on....

20. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Indeed. Imagine how hard it would be without the grid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.