Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fallen Hero

Fallen Hero Ancient

Good point...but they are most likely immovable so it doesn't matter that much.

2. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

True, but you still have the size problem. And we don't even know how hard or easy it would be to break this map.

3. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

I'm definitely getting on the black wall again, just like sandtrap.
    ;]

EDIT: Here are the places I was talking about.
    From my wall on sandtrap thread:

[​IMG]

4. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

wait are the mythic maps going to be availiable to people who preorder and or buy halo wars sooner? i hope not ill just buy them ive got 30 bucks.

5. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

If you bought the Limited Edition, then yes, you will get them before they go up on the Marketplace.
    However, the wait time between the LE's release and the release on the Marketplace is unknown at the time.

6. Moniter117

Moniter117 Ancient

That is an awsome idea, what you could do is build a chamber for the warthog to sit in then make the turret ground level(you might have to improvise with the whole design of Ascension though

7. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

Yeah, of course. I already know a way to make the Warthog snug and at the perfect angle. I was messing around with it on Avalanche.

I'm really excited to make some ToP maps though.

8. Moniter117

Moniter117 Ancient

To really answer you question, we don't know, the window maybe but you would just have to find out. (considering Bungie had a how-to geo merge {the tele way}. Then probably yes)

9. Moniter117

Moniter117 Ancient

Hell yeah
    ( for the newbs who baught the halo triliogy in one trip and played halo 2 matchmaking for a total of ZERO minutes ToP is a game called tower
    Of power. LOOK On the previous page (the one with the huge quote)

Anyway i was just wondering has anyone considered making a whole bunch of version 2 of maps to make the not-quite-right-corner right with the new objects on sandbox because i am

10. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

Tower of power sounds very familiar. its been forever since i've played halo 2 online though.... but anyways, if it becomes adapted well into halo 3 i hope that i get the chance to play it. I think despite all the criticism towards sandbox, its going to make for some awesome improvements in forge.

11. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

Oh, Tower of Power...you provider of incessant n00b comments like, "OMGZ, GUYS, I GOT A TRIPLE KILL!!!one!"

Which, of course, is especially difficult and clever when you're manning a turret facing shieldless enemies...and, of course, those enemies are forced to endlessly assault the turret.

P.S. Does anyone else realize the Urk is really a great person overall? I mean, the guy comes in to our forum, answers questions, and then doesn't show anger at the complete and utter morons whose goal in life is to make people angry. Bravo, Urkman. I heart you.

All in all, one of my favorite gametypes and LAN extravaganza suppliers.

12. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

Well, if you want a chance to play it, I could always invite you to my customs so you can try it. ;)

But I don't get all of the criticism towards Sandbox. It's way better than Foundry, and we know this with only screenshots and some info.

It's sad that the Community has to be so spoiled. Bungie has given us so much!

13. cakeChart

cakeChart Ancient

I has an idea! Russian Roulette with the kill ball. All but one spawn point is in it, and if you're lucky you're the one out of it!

14. Something.

Something. Ancient

Oh yeah, they gave a hint in the weekly update as to the length of the wait. for mythic in the marketplace.
    People figured it to be ~37 days.

They mentioned we would only have to wait a little long than (2 halo timeline events I forgot were here) to get the mythic maps on marketplace.

15. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Wow. I'm sorry mate but that is just the most pointless and silly idea I've heard yet.

16. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

Why would you need a kill ball for that? You could do it on any map. Hell, I could do it on Guardian. I'm starting to think the killball was just kind of an addon. It will definitely be fun for just forging and screwing around, and also many mini game maps will have it. I can't really think of any ways to use it in an actually map besides a death pit or for aesthetics or something. I am suppoting the theory that the kill ball could be used for geommerging as well, but it wiould be much harder. In fact, it would probably be easier to just merge the old way without doors.

17. LIGHTSOUT225

wisdom.

18. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

SO light are you gonna be doing a machu piccu remake on Sandbox it would be really cool. but u should have a mongoose this time.

19. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

While I think I may be one of the minority here, I am extremely excited for Sandbox. People are complaining that it doesn't live up to their expectations, but it exceeds what mine were (pretty low). And I mean, any new map is awesome. Even if they just stuck all of the Foundry items on Sandbox, I would be happy. As long as it's not Foundry. I am especially looking forward to Orbital as well. Orbital will be the best asymmetric map ever, as well as the best infection map ever.

20. LIGHTSOUT225

more wisdom.

except the orbital as the best asymmetric ever. that is, and always will be Zanzibar/Last Resort. Nothings gonna change that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.