Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DimmestBread

DimmestBread Ancient

oh nnoonon I'm not pissed at you. i was just saying since it could have been modded.

2. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

by golly gee wilikers. thats it, its definetly not a real bungie made map, the aestheitics are too unawesome. thats it. gotta be

3. Adelyss

Adelyss Hotdishhh

I also was looking closer at the object...and remember how everyone was wanting smaller sized objects than the Single box well look on the close base..there is a block that looks about a single box cut in half ;)

4. Boyle06

Boyle06 Ancient

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    compare
    they look exactly alike
    K THX BIA

5. urk

urk Ancient

I had pancakes for lunch. They were delicious.

6. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

lucky, i love pancakes, but i can never go to IHOP to get them........

7. Boyle06

Boyle06 Ancient

thats code for WTF WHERE DID U FIND THAT... i can see right through u URK.... and i wont tell who gave me the secret code.... and thx for relieving our stress

8. Adelyss

Adelyss Hotdishhh

Omg Pancakes yum? Btw Urk...That better be code for Your welcome or either How did you get this?

9. Sam

Sam Ancient

I think I'm going to like this map. Forget interlocking, it's all about building with uh, building blocks.
    That picture looks legitimate, right down to the vehicle placements. I see chopper. I drive chopper.

To urk: Potato pancakes while you were listening to some Pearl Jam?

10. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

forget code, maybe he just likes pancakes. who doesnt like pancakes? adn i have no problem with him coming here and openly expressing his love of thin cercular heaven.

11. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Dear Urk,

You fail at keeping things secret. Your Spam message is obviously not hiding anything else either.
    Nice try, but you fail.

Love,
    ChAoTiC

12. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

Personally, i would like a completely open map, with a flat floor, that would allow a player complete control over what it looked like and what went with it. A completely blank canvas. A few things that bug me on foundry is the map objects that get in the way, like the cranes, and some of the walls that don't connect at ninety degree angles. Perhaps Bungie could add features in along with the FX's they did in the last map pack, to further control lighting and scenery.

Anyways, I honestly don't think that sandbox will be anything like sandtrap. If you look at all the maps out so far, there really isn't two maps that are alike, they are all very unique from each other, besides a few elements. I'm thinking the name "sandbox" just describes how it will act in forge; you can create structures and buildings, and have greater control of the map in forge; just like you can control what happens in a sandbox, how you can construct sand castles and whatnot, and have your own little play-place. I really think bungie threw in the sketch just to throw everyone off; it is almost certainly an early sketch of sandtrap.

13. PulseKiller

PulseKiller Ancient

I think that the map could be amazing, but right now it seems to have one fatal flaw. The fact that it seems to be lacking a "hard" barrier. Having a soft barrier would require the forger to not only maunually block off the map, but it would also use up an incredible amount of resources and money. If it is a soft barrier, then the only type of map that can fully utalize the space within item and budget limit will be maps much like the default one they made; open field with two bases.

14. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

I sense many Blood Gulch remakes in your near future...

Anyways, this is actually somewhat disappointing. Well, actually no. If this is the default map that will come with it, compared to Foundry, it's spectacular. If this is what Bungie can do (compared to default Foundry), I can't imagine the possibilities of what we as forgers can do. I do agree with Pulsekiller as making maps might be harder because of the soft barrier, but also better in many other ways. Making maps that have gameplay like Blood Gulch etc will be a lot easier and definitely more fun (than forging on Avalanche at least). I don't understand why you would ask for a hard barrier though. Haven't we been asking for a larger map all along? I do think there is more in store for Sandbox than meets the eye... Moveable hills? Changeable terrain? Night and day? Different texture schemes? Who knows, but I'm sure there's something more than what we see.

15. Vern814

Vern814 Ancient

What is that?

16. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Supposedly sandbox. People are controversial, but with Whisper's latest proof-picture, I believe it is.

17. xFr1ct10nx

xFr1ct10nx Ancient

what i beleive it will or it should be like would be will be as weve seen in a bungie vid is a blue/black completly blank map, flat and hopefully a very large, if not infinite surface in all directions. if you think about make it kinda like Google SketchUp in some way. and have it able to place ivisible barriers/walls and it would be nice to be able to place an Elephant and its "Track" here and there(doubt itll b there) as well as much, MUCH more Money and Items on the map, once again, if not infinite. as well as more pointless asthetic things that are fun to mess around with :)

18. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

owait...You mean THIS? :D

[​IMG]

19. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

This is located under bungies own screenshots with the word "Sandbox" as the caption. This is indeed the map, and all of the objects on it look deleteable. Its not a vast editor, but im super happy about it.

20. HaloMarine117

HaloMarine117 Ancient

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.