Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

If you kept up with your saves you would just be able to load the last save. You just have to be careful.

2. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

as long as you keep all the original objects on the map, if you lose the killball, then you should be able to get it back i think. because the killball isn't on the default map im fairly certain. so deleting it won't go against the OLN.

Edit: Scar3's infinite wisdom shows once again ^ lol.

3. Matty

Matty Ancient

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Your welcome.

4. Jake Pajamas

Jake Pajamas Guest

The way I understand it is this. you start out with (for simplicities sake) 10 objects, which is the default map. You can delete this objects, but your OLN will still say 10 objects. If you have a blank canvas and add one object, it will then say 11 objects (the 10 you deleted are factored in regardless of their existence). Therefore by deleting the default objects you can only have 90 objects as opposed to 100 if you hadn't deleted them.

IMO the whole OLN limit is really, really a bummer. I think it will make forge harder and more frustrating because you have to plan out EVERY object in advance. The budget is easy to work around, but an item limit? come on bungie.

5. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Your even more welcome.
    (I label)

6. RightSideTheory

I don't think thats a big deal, thats just the reflection in the glass lol.

7. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

... Or is it??
    It could help with aesthetics.

8. RightSideTheory

Yes, but most of the objects here are rock or wood. Not very reflective.
    Besides the fact that it marks the base and seems to activate a few key objects I don't really see how you could...
    /facepalm

Duh, you could use the objects that it selects in a non team game and you could have different lighting across the map!

9. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

-nice
    lol
    wow and so I say, it could help with aesthetics

10. Spaceneil8

Spaceneil8 Ancient

There is no OLN major problem on Sandbox...
    OLN is in every map, even the non-DLC ones. Currently the easiest map to notice the OLN is foundry. Just hop into foundry do the budget glitch and spawn everything, you will run into the OLN.

Sandbox has such a big budget that it is possible to run into the OLN, without a budget glitch. Sandbox has 510$ available to you with the default. That's about 1000$ in a canvas! Forgehub has a little trick to go past the OLN on foundry maps*. Most likely the same thing will work on sandbox.

The casual forger has nothing to worry about.

11. urk

urk Ancient

This is correct.

12. RightSideTheory

I've already posted the guide GraveDigger made on how to get past it, yeah we figured it out. Its not a problem anymore.

13. Spaceneil8

Spaceneil8 Ancient

BTW that was taken from by bungie thread here*.

and my other post:
    That is no different than foundry!

Most people use a canvas and if you are placing a lot of stuff, you will reach the OLN in Foundry long before you should have if you use the default. Sandbox is the same way except it has such a huge budget that there is no need for the budget glitch to reach the OLN.

I personally will still use a canvas...

14. TehForger

TehForger Ancient

this map is gonna rockzors my boxors:) im so getting halowars LCE hopefully there wont be any glitches:(

15. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

Excitments level are so high for me right now. Halo wars is amazing so i am so getting halo wars LCE. Its gonna be so hard to not play halo wars and forge on sandbox. I already know which maps im gonna make.

16. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

That sucks that I will now have to know which items I am going to be using before I make the map itself... you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to release a Sandbox with all items floating far above it so that they don't get in the way! No, not really... but since my first map will be in the minefield (If it's big enough) then I don't think these items will get in the way.

Oh and you guys, if we delete the default spawn points, say there are about 50 on the default map. Will we only have 50 left? I'm just wondering if this whole deleting thing works on spawns and objective items to.

EDIT (OFF TOPIC): Somebody tells me that Halo Wars will have a map creating mode similar to that of Far Cry 2. I don't believe him. Anybody know for sure?

17. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

Urk, if your still on, is there any possibility of a patch to fix the whole " counting all default objects to the OLN" thing, it would be very nice, because its a hassle to get past it the forge-hub way,

and someone needs to make an infinite money canvas with all default map stuff in it somewhere, spawn points/ objective markers are the big thing, thats a hundred items right there

18. urk

urk Ancient

Seriously, you guys get so worked up over this kind of stuff. It's not going to be a problem for the overwhelming majority of players. For the select few that will be hitting the object limit, it's really not a huge chore to load up a map that already has the items neatly stacked and organized off to the side.

You'll have much more freedom then you did on Foundry. I guarantee it. But you're never going to have unlimited potential in any map editor. And it's probably good to keep in mind that Forge was never intended to be a full-on map creation tool, it's been upgraded every chance we've had along the way.

If I were you guys, I'd wait until next week before I got too worked up anyway.

19. Fallen Hero

Fallen Hero Ancient

o_O
    Something new to tell us? I'm excited all over again.

20. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

Ooh, now I'm excited to see what's in store. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.