Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

Sadly, the 29th of which you speak will never come... :'(

2. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Damn that Shawn. He lied to me. Oh wells still not too far away.

3. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

Don't know if it was you but somebody shot down my idea of the grid system... so hahahahaha! In your face!

To bad I was wrong about the whole canvas in the blank room thing. Darn!

That orange force-field is most likely the kill ball.

4. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

It was me. We were both wrong and both right.

I do wonder now though since we have this cool looking blue grid, will sandbox have a snap-to-grid feature?
    Also, someone above was saying that this structure was made out of Boxes only.
    [​IMG]

The bottom part of that is made of walls. If the other sides are the same as this one it would be 20 double walls. And it looks like there are more used inside. You can see 9 in that picture and there is probably another one on the other side of the entrance.

The entrance could be the sandbox version of an open box. It looks very similar to what was used in the G4 vid so maybe we are getting Corner open boxes as well...

5. Catmon

Catmon Ancient

I read the articles with the new screenshots, the team lights and death ball are fantastic ideas because they're practical.

If there are at elast two death balls available, I think Bombing Run from Unreal Tournament 2004 could be recreated in the Assault gametype...
    That would make for a great game.

6. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

Is sandbox going to have any new lighting effects for the map? that would be pretty cool. im already in love with the deathball thing. whenever i try to make something with a death pit it always comes out crappy.

7. redearth

redearth Ancient

My money is on a new type of bridge. And I think we really don't need any more lightings.

8. Sam

Sam Ancient

[​IMG]

Taking the picture above into account, I take it that Sandbox will have the Ghost Town plank style bridges instead of the Heroic Map Pack bridges. Or will we have both types available? Or a new bridge design? My bet's on the first.

Edit: I'm only talking about the bridges (the long wooden planks). I can see the watchtower base and smaller planks, and I'm not asking about those.

9. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Ghost town bridges and a new bridge that fits the theme would be my best guess. You could always ask Urk, he's viewing the thread.

10. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

You can also see the watch tower base from Ghost town in that pic as well.

Looks like more plank styles than just the bridges. The structure on the right side o the pic, the top portion is made out of plank sections that are shorter and wider than the bridge ones.

11. halo kid

halo kid Ancient

I haz a question urk...will we have all the obgects on previos maps to add to the new ones?

12. redearth

redearth Ancient

Planks never seemed to make good bridges for me, perhaps they are an additional object, that I would enjoy. They were too small to forge on top of unless combined, which is a hassle.

13. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

I would actually say they make a great addition to Sandbox. Think about it. Instead of having one side of the bridge for the floor and the other for the ceiling of the room below, you now have wooden planks or both. With neither side looking better than the other.
    They even have small gaps that you can see through but not shoot or throw grenades. Makes for some great rickety looking floors that would go well with the stone block walls.

14. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

well, k take back some of my initial remarks regarding this map, it looks great, KILLBALL imagine the amount of new maps when this baby hits stores. :)

Spam warning: no one is really talking about orbital, it looks amazing, and i bet it will be the end-all infection accessible map, thoughts???

15. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

I want you all to take a close look at the size of the death ball in this image
    [​IMG]
    It is very clearly taller than the ramps we can see elsewhere in the pic.

Now find the death ball in this image:
    [​IMG]
    It is in the center of a ring of ramps, and is shorter than them.

Basically we've either got two different sized death balls, or the size is custom. Bring on the floating maps I say!

16. redearth

redearth Ancient

DeeJ, my sig shows we are total opposites, but to every rule there is an exception, and that exception is that we both think orbital will be awesome for infection. The unlockable jump could be a second path into the human zone.

Ontopic: I would like to have both bridges, that would be nice, but I would prefer something new, and more forerunnerish. The forerunner's are so intelligent, yet they use wooden planks that could rot for bridges?

And ladnil, those are different maps, with different sized ramps, and even a different shape to the ramps.

Oh, and in the first of ladnil's pictures, anyone know what that blue blob that looks like a women is in the bottom right of the map is?

Edit: never mind that's a blue spartan with a bubble shield.

17. Fallen Hero

Fallen Hero Ancient

Excellent find. We finally have proof! The more this day goes on, the more I am excited for March 3rd.

18. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I'm pretty sure those are the same type of ramp dude, which would mean we can resize the kill balls.

19. redearth

redearth Ancient

Wait your right, but I still think one of them looks a little off. IDK. Anyway anyone else think that blue spartan looks like a dead women?

20. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

The planks would be added by humans at a later date. But think of it more along the lines of Ancient Egypt or Dark Ages Europe. Stone buildings with wooden flooring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.