Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

I knew it wasn't an accident, I felt it was just more of a teaser.

2. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

I hate to come off as persistent, and a general Douch-bag, but it can be proven.

If you had happen to look at ViDoC's and bungie orientated videos you can clearly tell that is an internal build, not something for the players to use. As Waylander said, Bungie has confirmed. I suppose when Urk or Shiska comes back to posting in this thread we shall ask them.

3. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Alrighty then, this conversation is postponed until they answer us.
    Who knows if they will even help us, haha

4. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

okay, I have an idea:

When you go in forge you see this big blue grid. It's like forgehub posting. If you hit preview you can see how it looks in-game. If you actually play it, you can go around and view the map, but you can't edit it.

5. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

[​IMG]
    Speaking of the edge video picture, he's clearly standing on two single walls from Sandbox(you can tell by comparing the colored strips near the edges to the Sandbox overview). But that object behind him? I'm thinking open corner box myself, but if anyone else has a better idea of what it is, I'd like to hear it.

6. Matty

Matty Ancient

Over-estimation is the mother of all failures when it comes to Bungie.

Just take it as it's given to you. Stop speculating with what could be, and analyze what you know to be true.

7. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

but it's always fun to imagine.

8. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

has anyone stated the fact that in the picture that was drawn, it was night time? and on this, its sunset? there are also black clouds, also suggesting it is night in the drawing.

9. Vinyl Hippo

Vinyl Hippo Ancient

You know it's fun to speculate and all but no matter what is going to be this map the Forge Hub community will find unique things to do on it.

10. Jake Pajamas

Jake Pajamas Guest

yeah i'm really hating the lighting in this map, it looks so dumb. how is it completely sunny in the middle then dark everywhere else? Whatever happened to the great atmosphere bungie has in all their other maps??

11. Alec944

Alec944 Ancient

I'm really looking forward to this map. From the sound of the weekly update, it's going to be awesome! I can't wait for the mythic map pack. Also, I guess i'm one of the few that are actually looking forward to Halo Wars. i like RTS so it should be awesome!

12. mastersync23

mastersync23 Ancient

Uh, I know I'm not the first to say it, but I'm dissapointed in Sandbox. It just looks so surreal. I don't like the lighting at all. Needs M0ar interloxing. Lolz.

13. coyoteboy1023

coyoteboy1023 Ancient

[​IMG]

I would like to direct your attention to the little light in the sand on the top left of the pic. That resembles one of those indicators on sandtrap to me, you know, those ones that mark the start of the minefields. AKA the edge of practical map usage (unless some crazy gametype)

14. Matty

Matty Ancient

It's been said in here a million times dude.

Theres nothing left in that image to analyze.

15. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

Matty is right, although I really wish we could get an answer to the "Why do the lighting effects on this map suck so much?" because Foundry was terrible... really? A blue box? You have got to be kidding me.

I want a dark map that is good with forge and I bet a lot of people around here do. Infection maps are very popular and don't work well on Foundry due to it being so friggin' bright.

A dark map for Competitive would also come to be very awesome.

I completely agree Matty and have to wonder why in the picture they would darken everything but the bases. I was thinking that perhaps this is an effect those orbs give out?

The orbs that are hovering over each base I mean...

16. Tex

Tex Ancient

We have new maps coming...Let's just be happy...

17. Matty

Matty Ancient

I wish they just included complete dynamic lighting.. Far Cry style.

Shadows don't even appear unless your within about 2 metres of the object, which is rare.

Shadows should be present within about 50 metres, and block out a great deal of light, so dark and light areas can be deliberately created.

And im quite confident that the lighting present in that picture is either meaningful or not finished.

18. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

The only places I see have shadows are outside the bases and under that warthog. Hope this is different in the final version because if not, I'm going to be upset.

You see though Tex, although they are giving us new maps. Why wouldn't we want quality maps? Say that Bungie just sent out crap maps like Cold Storage all the time that sucked... would anybody buy them? If these maps suck... why would we be happy?

Bungie should change things towards what the consumer asks for, not what they think is best. If Bungie wants our money, they are going to have to earn it.

Although I am quite proud that Halo 3 recieves so many updates and DLC's. It would be pointless if these said updates and DLC's sucked.

By the way Tex. The highest bidder always wins. XD

19. Tex

Tex Ancient

I never said you didn't want quality maps. I am simply saying that they are going to produce whatever it is they produce. They are community oriented, though, they rarely note the public's opinion.

Why would you buy them? That's a good question. Don't buy them.

Ha, problem solved. That was pretty easy.

See paragraph 1 & 2.

I'm not following you...

20. xFr1ct10nx

xFr1ct10nx Ancient

ive got some questions mainly for the general community.

Do you think you will be able to place invisible barriers/deathbarriers?
    How big is the actual Sandbox Canvas?
    How exactly do you think will happen in adding terrain and texture and color as we saw in the Sandbox pic?
    And will you ba able to work on maps from your pc and dload them to H3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.