Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

hmmm, maybe I was wrong altogether

no probably just crappy quality (it's from youtube, remember?)

BUT if you look closely you can see the light part on the top of the sand mounds...

It might be!... cuz that would make perfect sense! In forge mode you can edit from the ground up and then the map just appears likes it's in a valley of sand!!! Wow, it might be this, or it could be that^. Now, my hopes are really high! Dang it you guys suck, I came in believing it would be a standard map... NOW I'm beginning to think differently! argh u really suck.

EDIT: Okay, I know I'm getting way too far into this, but I got a pic up from the high quality vid:
    [​IMG]

^^^ Those have to be sand mounds

#501 Monolith, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

And your guys' point is? We obviously know its sand now whats the point of reaffirming ourselves? While we could have taken the opportunity back then, before the released pictures, to closely observe it doesn't matter now.

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean. There still hasn't been confirmation on the validity if that picture is Sandbox. Well ****, I actually can focus in enough to see an outline of a sand dune. But I don't know if I'm hallucinating, or its just a randomization of pixels coincidentally forming.

But has anyone else noticed how the rusty attribute looks like the physical appearance of the entrance to Sandtraps bases. Every time I look at the picture I simultaneously think of that room for its significant identity.

3. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

I find it funny people still think those two are the same map.

4. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

No, if you look you can kinda see the sand, and then there is that outside wall that surrounds the whole thing too.

5. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Ok, yes. Its possible there is sand. But current theory states, or fact, that the picture is not one of Sandbox. So what are you inquiring?

6. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

I think you guys are stretching a bit and "seeing what you want to see"

however, I won't rule out the possibility of the two maps being the same (despite my beliefs to the contrary) since the post said that it would change forging (or bring it to a new level or whatever) and since that video said "oh we're not ready to show you this yet"...

7. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Well, if there is sand built around the rectangular blue grid, think about it, it could very well be Sandbox.
    Imagine that, It was there the whole time and nobody may have noticed it.

8. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Ok. But where do you see that structure on the provided Sandbox picture? Though we don't even know the Sandbox picture released is Default, or really any details at all. Furthermore, if you look at the ground in that picture it looks identical to Sandbox's ground just with sand scribbled on it.

9. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

We may have more than one choice of theme as far as objects are concerned, however the sand is still there to stay consistent with the "Sandbox" pun. And the fact that the grid is present in both may say that we may be able to turn the floor on and off, and change the way it looks as well.

10. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

*Sigh* When has bungie released a pic of a map and it not be the default layout?

Also, you are all orgetting that bungie has clearly stated that the EDGE Exceptance pic was an internal map build. It is what THEY use to build the maps, Not what they will be giving us to build maps on.

11. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

When was this stated? I don't remember that at all.

12. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

It is quite obvious for many reasons. You can see the grid, along with the emptiness.

13. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Was a while back when that vid was barely a month old or so.

Dude that's like saying there is a plasma grenade in that pic so maybe we will get a portion of the campaign to forge on.

14. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Never. And I know its most likely the Default layout seeing its Symmetrical, weapons, vehicles, etc.

But they said its a forge-orientated map. It would be somewhat of a pun for it to be a forge created layout.

Edit:
    You do know I was replaying to Chaotic, right?

If you're aware of that, well don't go in depth to what I said. I'm not trying to create a controversy here, I was saying that it is obviously an internal build seeing the grid, a portion of the map, emptiness, no HUD,etc.

15. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Doesn't matter.

The aesthetics of the Blue grid are far too good to just be something that they use to make a map. If you look closely at the video, the lines slowly pulsate, now why would they do that if they were to never be seen by mortal eyes.

16. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

You guys forget that foundry has a grid on the floor.

I really think you guys are over-speculating...

because it was seen by "mortal eyes" in the edge acceptance video...

17. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Foundry only has a grid on the floor because it was a forge map, however I am not saying the maps are similar solely based on the fact that they have a grid.

But then why would he say "No way, we are not showing this to the internet yet."
    It is obviously something we were supposed to see at a later date.

18. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Too good? Shouldn't that be a requirement for them to make a map. That grid is nothing on the scale compared to the technology it involves to make a map. Trust me, that grid is for an internal build, and we won't be seeing something like that in Sandbox.

19. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Alright, I'm done arguing over something that cannot be proven by either of the arguers.
    We shall wait and see.

20. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

uh, yes you are.

Also, if they didn't want us to see it then, they would not have put it in. The line about not supposed to be showing it is a joke. Do you really think they would have put it in by accident?

Bungie employees don't seem to be THAT retarded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.