Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

I have already asked about interlocking, and several people said it was unnecessary. I have seen images of un-interlocked maps. The cracks disgust me. To be frank, they look like ****. What do you think?

2. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

I personally think that people should still interlock for aesthetic quality even though it isn't as necessary any more. I think people will still generally doing it and are just anxious to crack out some maps at this point.

3. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

I'd agree with you...except I have the maps.

1) skybox, forging in general on sandbox, is a pain...
    2) interlocking certain items, such as our double block substitute, tends to cause more flashing than we're used to.

4. arcaos

arcaos Ancient

Cool. Wish i had 'em early:(

I dont think i can wait anylonger:surprise:verload:

5. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

So, the bad outweigh the good?

After all, i was saying it would look good to interlock. Flickering would be against that purpose.

6. SargeantSarcasm

Interlocking is less...aesthetic (flashing occurs more often, as stated above, probably due to the accuracy that the new objects have)

The skybox floor is EXTREMELY annoying.

but if you can overcome those problems (and a few others) then forgingis much faster than Foundry. not easier, faster

I may write an in-depth article, but the idea has lost its novelty since other members have written their lengthy thoughts.

7. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

Well, I'm interested in what everyone has to say. I still have some questions.

8. SargeantSarcasm

my sandbox-answering days are over for the most part.

9. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

There isn't much more to answer quite honestly. Unless you've been on the maps there's just some things you can't understand or comprehend. I'm excited to see more Forgehub members with the maps. Things will be very busy around here.

10. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

I am very upset with my Boarding Action Remake, and I just deleted it. I love the Sky Bubble and all, but I had 10, very clean, very perfect Double Walls placed down as a floor. I saved changes, quit, and then came on about an hour ago to continue with my map. Every wall was crooked, everything was ruined. I deleted the map, and set out to find something new to make on Sandbox. I tried making a Competitive map, and failed horribly.

I am very upset now, and have recently taken a shower, and thought up an idea while washing my hair. I know nobody may care that I was taking a shower or anything of that sort. But before I get into to much detail about my idea, I would like to know what everybody else with the Mythic Map Pack is doing. I would like to know if anybody else is panicking, like me, about what to forge. I got the maps early, and I must do something with them!

Now on to my fuzzy idea, since I am too lazy to write this down on a piece of paper, I am going to make this a Spoiler so I can come back to it later.

The name of my map will be something on the lines of Caddyshack.

My idea is to make a VIP map that is a spoof off of both On The Way, Right? and Fave Creeks. Which by the way, are my very favorite maps to use in custom games, and have a lot of downloads. They both have been featured on Forgehub, and one of them on Bungie Favorites.

My idea starts you and your teammates off in a room much like the one on On The Way, Right? but instead of a Warthog crammed in the wall, a Mongoose. The Mongoose stands for the Golf Cart. One person, the VIP, will be the only one who can pick up weapons, and will have to pick up a Golf Club. Everybody waits for the door to open after a set amount of time, and they will run out into the lobby of the Golf Course Clubhouse. They will then leave the Clubhouse through the main entrance, and out the doors onto the Golf Course. Running through the Golf Course, snagging territories, they will come along a Golf Ball, and off in the distance, a Tin Cup. The Tin Cup will have a Reciever Node in it, allowing the Zombies a quicker route to the humans. This being the place they need to hold out at untill the path ahead clears up, the VIP needs to try and get the Ball in the Hole so he can block the teleporter while his teammates, the caddys defend him.

I have yet to get enough time in my busy days to build this. But trust me, when I am finished, it will be amazing. I hope...

But enough with this Off-Topicness!

@Draw The Line I wish I had any idea of what I am going to make. If enough people agree with the above idea, I might make it...

I wish I had an imagination like yours... sad face.

11. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

Don't give up! Try using other objects.

Also, I like your idea.

12. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

These Sky Bubble problems are kinda scaring me. I don't want my walls to be all crooked. Do you think that placing one Double Box, saving, quitting and joining again, and repeating that process would fix that problem that Conker had? I would like to stack Double Boxes without having them crooked lol

Anyway, I am going to try and have a map up for testing the day I get the Map Pack. Hopefully I can get some people from here to help me test. :)

13. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

From my experiences, Double Boxes don't turn Crooked. At least not with me! It's only the Walls that do that. Also, for some reason Bungie decided to add Aesthetic touches to every item, causing them to not be "Flat."

An example of this would be a wall. There is an Orange kind of trim going on near the top and the bottom on both sides of the object, creating a gap when pressed against another object.

EDIT: How are you going to have a map up for testing the day you get it?

14. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

Hmm.. that sounds kind of annoying, but I'm sure I can work my way around it.

Oh, and I will use my skills to have a map up for testing.. don' worry. You guys have yet to see how I Forge. :p

15. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

Who else gets their maps today?

Also, how long did the Mythic Maps take to DL?

16. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

By the way guys I made a Sky Bubble OLN canvas (all the default objects are in the sky to save the item limit use them when you hit the item limit.)

17. LIGHTSOUT225

Baron already made one a few days ago, just so you know

18. Elvinator 1994

Elvinator 1994 Ancient

Maps took me 5 mins to download.

7-woods are wieldable and posess the same characteristics as grav hammers.

19. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

No **** dude.

I think I may have finally decided what to forge first. I'm cloning some of the geometry from Narrows to make a conquest map that I tried but failed to make a while back. Work begins tomorrow.

20. A hobo

A hobo Ancient

I honestly will have no idea what to make on Sandbox, or the Skybox, unless someone presents me with a idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.