Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

I don't think so... if you read the article about the OLN, the bungie guy mentions that it is based off of how they built the maps... they built them to hold 640 objects... it's just that it is not as noticeable with the other maps because you hit other limits before you hit OLN... Sandbox doesn't have many limits... it's the same all around...

2. redearth

redearth Ancient

No, that's not why I'm annoyed. They just only say it's a griffball arena. They say I guess it could be used for forge, but it's mainly for griffball. It's not. Bungie made the map for forging. They made it into a griffball arena, but in reality all a griffball arena is is just a box of emptiness. I don't know. It's just a tick.

3. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

yeah I dont think they raised the OLN.

otherwise they wouldn't have given the warning saying "you're more likely to hit it now"

4. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

I just read about the $1500. Sounds great, but they said we will hit the item before the budget. Still, it sounds great.

5. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

they never said it was only a griffball arena

they said they wanted to make a blank arena for griffball, so they did. doesnt imply that its the only reason for the area nor the only purpose.

6. redearth

redearth Ancient

Actually they said that they did nearly double it, from 340 to 640. Your more likely to hit it now because everything costs less and there is an insanely high budget. I can see where you are more likely to hit it now.

7. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

i would hope they raised it, i have run into the object limit before, without having that big of a map, but then i was using a money glitch map, with all origional parts deleted, but still, i would hope they raised it

8. redearth

redearth Ancient

Anyone know if they are going to use both types of hornets? I know I am.

9. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

Please read the article carefully again... the 640 objects is in the Map File Format... you can't just change that all willy nilly...

Answers for the Limits Article/Sandbox Palette

10. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

yeah, but for dogfight maps on the skybubble, the normal hornets would be way too overpowering compared to the rest of the air vehicles,

11. T4K Shadow

T4K Shadow Ancient

yeh, like use it for my pymarid map, atleast i now know we got alot more items and budget than i thought we would

12. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

nice, pyramid in the cave, AVP style

13. T4K Shadow

T4K Shadow Ancient

yep, that is great, cant wait, only 8 days for me, i think :p

14. iZumi

iZumi Ancient

This might have been answered already, but does it add/delete supplies for each level, e.g. disable flying vehicles in the crypt, add more flying vehicles in the sky bubble?

15. redearth

redearth Ancient

I doubt it does. It's just a map, you don't choose which section your on whithout getting there yourselves, so it shouldn't disable any vehicles. Lol, you could out a hornet in the crypt for a zombie for fun, and all the humans run around with rockets or someething. Zombie gets extra health of course.

16. LIGHTSOUT225

seen a screenshot of a banshee in the crypt

17. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

oh man... lol. i can see this going over well. flying vehicles in the crypt. I'm sure there will be plenty of "fun" maps arising from this realization. Of course, fun for the person in the vehicle splattering everyone else.

18. Chedderboy

Chedderboy Ancient

Not really, don't you remember that one air battle in campaign? Banshees are more mobile, they come at you from the side and such. And...THEY CAN DO BARREL ROLLS.
    But for the transport hornets, you're probably going to have to give someone a rocket launcher to make sure the transport doesn't explode as soon as it goes outside.

19. Hari

Hari Ancient

Sandbox has the same items throughout the whole map. You dont get a separate budget for the different levels. All of the items are universal.

20. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Someone earlier said that the budget was $1500. I dont NOT believe him, but does anyone have proof? or can show me where that info was found?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.