Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redearth

redearth Ancient

HOLY CRAP IT'S OVER 900.0! Urk is awesome. With standard objects being $5 each (five dolla footlong) that's 300 items standard maximum! That's awesome!

2. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

The only way to truly reach that total should be with massive use of vehicles. with 640 objects available... you'd have to use atleast half of them for $5 objects... not a bad limitation at all and well played good sirs at bungie...

3. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Wait a minute...this comment made me realize...

if we shouldn't kill the messenger...should we not praise him either?

I redact my previous statement regarding my affection for you Urk. This relationship is henceforth, strictly business.

4. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I still less than three Urk.

Considering the fact that everything costs more on Sandbox, what is the cost-amount ratio from Sandbox to Foundry?

5. desert rat 852

desert rat 852 Ancient

But, if we are to use all the objects, we cant delete them. Therefore, we cant get to the $1500 limit. Unless we budget-glitch, we will still be stuck with $510.

So, the Budget is pointless, as Budget Glitch will take away from the OLN while still leaving the Default objects. If you leave them all out, that is a hell of a lot of Objects stuck out of the OLN.

FYI: I still love Bungie and Sandbox, I just wanted to point that out. If anyone can tell how to pass that, I'd thank you very much.

6. redearth

redearth Ancient

You still have more budget. If you know for a fact you won't use that stuff, than you're better off deleting it. Not deleting it means you should use it. Even though it still counts towards OLN, at least you get the budget back. And bungie, why can't you just make the default sandbox have no objects whatsoever, other than the tele and the cork, so default item limit is zero. Then make the default map configuration for matchmaking a "custom map."

7. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Too late now, but that is a good idea. Players would have blank budgets and blank object limits, excluding the cork and teles.

But, I've got no real complaints since the default objects will probably be used in all of my maps.

8. redearth

redearth Ancient

I believe I will make a map someone joked about earlier, and Eifell tower map! Just aesthetic probably, but I might be able to make a high sky battle!

9. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

640 items total
    -50 for objective points
    -80 for spawn points (ish)
    -80 for weapons and grenades $160 (ish)
    = 430 items to build with

So with just necessary objective points and weapons on the map, we're left with roughly 430 items and $1340 in budget. Not too shabby. That is of course assuming we use all of the default geometry and weapons. I'd drop the item number 50 or 60 to account for default items not used.

10. theheat

theheat Ancient

We will still have to worry about the budget is what I'm getting at here.

Foundry it was mainly you hit the budget or nothing at all. Now with Sandbox it will be a close to 50/50 split on hitting the budget or OLN.

11. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

both of which are much larger than their Foundry counterparts. THAT, I am absolutely fine with.

12. RightSideTheory

If you don't remember to not delete items and just restart something, I'm pretty sure you'll hit the OLN more than you'll hit the budget.

13. redearth

redearth Ancient

Yes, this is what my friends don't understand. "OH NO BUNGIE SAID WE ARE GUNNA RUN INTO DAH ITEM LIMIT!" They don't understand that it's still doubled practically. I just can't until I get home on March 3rd. I'm having my dad pick up my copy of Halo Wars while I'm at school. I have the day planned out. I'm not touching the xbox for two days letting just my brother and sister take our main televison so they promise I can have it all that day. I can't wait.

14. Resix

Resix Ancient

What im confused about is the fact that we only really get 510 out of the 1500 to work with so bungie wasted 1500 on the default. So my question is will bungie come out with a map like epilogue or boudless for sandbox but a canvased sandbox without the worry of the oln.

15. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

what are you talking about, i hit the OLN on foundry quite often.
    anyone else notice that on all the diff. websites/news/what have you, on their coverage of the Mythic map pack, they all only talked about the crypt as being only a griffball area? there are soooooo many other things we can do with it

16. redearth

redearth Ancient

Yeah, I am getting sick of them refering to it as the Griffball arena. There are so many more possibilities.

17. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

The OLN is the same for all of the maps... if u don't delete objects on foundry it works the same as sandbox.

18. RightSideTheory

I think the OLN has been raised for Sandbox... Its a bigger map so I think it has a higher OLN than a map like foundry. Somebody said that it was double?

19. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

Why? Thats stupid. They aren't saying thats all it is, they merely pointed out that it would be a great Grifball arena, which it is. Its kinda dumb to get in a hoof over something that was just an observation.

20. theheat

theheat Ancient

I generally don't use a budget glitched Foundry for Bungies obvious disapproval, it causes more lag, and I suck at not messing it up :p

Most of those news things were just copying word for word what Bungie told them. Bungie says its great for Grifball, people say it is for Grifball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.