Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

There is a way to bend the OLN using the default objective points. It can only extend the number a little bit, but it's headed in the right direction.

2. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

I heartily agree ... Relic is my all-time favourite Halo map.

3. Hari

Hari Ancient

I actually already knew about that. In the heatmap for sandbox, the plus isnt shown. Also, you can see the plug in multiple gallery screenshots.

4. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

Can you imagine Relic heavy? If we get to use the entire grid in the screenshots of the sky bubble then it looks like there would be enough room for a scaled up Relic!
    *opens up Foundry Sketchup*

First of all, I when I first typed this message I found out the floor space which could be made using just walls, half walls and quarter walls. Total = 55 complete walls (approx. half of Foundry) I forgot the 40 double walls!

So far: All walls (40), double walls (80 *number of complete single walls*), half walls (10), quarter walls (5) can create a floor space of: 135! Thats about the size of Foundry (the main box area). So far we can make a Grifball court in the sky.

On top of that theres the rest of the walls and other scenery. So Relic does seem doable, perhaps not a scaled up, Mega-Relic though. :(

5. Mongoose

Mongoose Ancient

The OLN has always been there. What we are adapting to is the fact that we are now more likely to run into it.

6. Hari

Hari Ancient

Nah that would take a TON of objects AND patience.

7. T4K Shadow

T4K Shadow Ancient

i dont think 700 or 800 budget is going to be enough for my map, why cant they make it bigger?

8. Mongoose

Mongoose Ancient

extreme lag ^^

9. Hari

Hari Ancient

Yeah with a large party there would be too much to load properly.

10. T4K Shadow

T4K Shadow Ancient

ive just though of an idea, before you start to forge you select how many players you want the map to hold and then the game sets you a budget depending on that, the higher the players, the lower the budget, get it

11. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Relic is many times larger than foundry, if you were to attemp a remake, it would have to be on the middle ground, and even then it would sort of have to be a reimagination.

12. Hari

Hari Ancient

Really the only permanent structure in relic was the main base. The rest was just open ground with occasional cover.

13. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

yah, snad and rocks, then the main structure. i think relic is actually do-able in the normal sandbox, the middle.

14. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Relic would have to be scaled down significantly, I don't think you all realize just how large that map was in comparison to Sandbox.

15. Val

Val Ancient

I cant wait till next friday, though my first map probaly wont be finished for a while because of how complicated it is

16. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Look at it this way mate, if you use a canvas where all the default objects are just moved off to the side you're map will already be set up for every gametype.

No more saving room at the end o doing your map geometry for weapons and spawns.

17. urk

urk Ancient

Both. The objects on the map are "pre-baked" into the object limit. If you delete them, they still count against that limit and there's no way to get them back by any method. Use 'em or lose 'em.

18. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Is it pretty much guaranteed we'll hit the OLN before we run out of budget?

It seems like on foundry that sometimes you hit "too many items", than it goes away. Whats that about?

19. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

I'm guessing it's guaranteed. I've tried testing the OLN on some maps and I always hit it before I ran out of items.

I know I hit the OLN a couple of times on Foundry, and I could not recover from it.

20. Noclue

Noclue Ancient

Can anybody tell me what the actual money budget is not the OLN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.