Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

There is a big problem that I don't think anyone has really mentioned (anything that I've read atleast)... with the few people getting sandbox, everyone will be busy forging... we will have no testers... lol... oh teh noes... so most sandbox maps you see published will probably not be fully tested at all... unless you have non forging MLG type friends not playing Halo Wars... lol... oh teh noes again...

And theory alot of them are just really simple, and none of them need geo merging whatso ever... and a few need interlocking... but sandbox gives us a bunch of legos, it's easy to do yourself now... if you want to test though.. i'm down for that...

2. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

How big are your maps AZN? I like sticking with my 2v2 and 3v3 maps.

3. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Twas the reason I asked lol.

Yeah I'm down.

4. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

That's assuming you make a map quickly. It takes me a while to build anything, so by the time I'm finished with my first project others will probably have had the map for a week or two.

5. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

ahhh I can't wait for sandbox. I really only have one map in mind that is my own creation. It's gonna be awesome... i think. lols.

6. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Count me in as someone who will save&quit my forging progress to test maps, I'd rather not release amid the massive swarm of sandbox maps in the first month anyway.

Even though I'm not *officially* accepted into the tester's guild until my interview results come back(glances at Whats a scope), whoever runs the gamertag accepted my friend request so I get the invites to games anyway.

7. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

A few of them are quite big... using all three areas to perfection... a few I have on the middle level... like 1 in the skybox purely... and a couple in the crypt... I do maps just to start an idea.. hence The Cellars for conquest, The Estate for In the Shadows, Fool's Highway for Squads, and Dynamo for randomization... stuff like that... then I let you guys (with your creativity) builds maps for those gametypes and see some of the crazy ideas for it... (like leapfrog on lilypads based off of conquest). I focus on simplicity and playability over complexity and creativity... a few of these gametypes could catch on... a few not... if anything they will be unique ideas...

And I get what you're saying Draw... I agree for the most part, but I think in general most people will be busy forging and there will be few testers with sandbox...

8. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

okay just to get this straight you can get avalance type hornets and normal hornets?

if so i am going to have so many air battle ctf's in the sky box its going to amazing also i wonder how you are going to get objects from the crypt to the outside and vise versa without loosing objects from the item limit

9. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

If you drag an object, and you go into a tight area or teleporter, the object follows you.

10. cakeChart

cakeChart Ancient

This might have been posted (And I don't feel like searching), but has anyone else seen this?
    [​IMG]
    More proof of a holdable golf club!

11. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Embed fail. But yeah, we saw that a page or two ago.

Works just like a Gravity Hammer, I'm thinking.

12. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

??? is there supposed to be a picture there? i don't think its working. but I haven't seen it; i've only seen the first picture of which i wrongly accused of being a photoshop lol. I was hoping that there would be another screen shot of the club!

13. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

A couple of pages ago the screenshot he attempted to link was posted. It was a spartan hlding a gold club, and it showed it's basically a gravity hammer with a different reticle.

14. RightSideTheory

It was posted like a page back, and you're picture is broken.

Lol.

15. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

ooohhh that's really awesome. i sees it now. but i thinks i has an idea.

The reason the golf club has a meter i think is so that when you play golf, you can't go over par or something like that. In order to get the skull, you have to get a certain number of holes without depleting the meter completely or something like that. just a guess tho.

16. RightSideTheory

The reason the club has a meter is because its a weapon.
    Its a re-skin of a gravity hammer.

17. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

There's no way for the game to know if you knocked a ball into a hole, and that isn't changing with Sandbox. So no, golfing is not how you'll get the skull.

No I won't dig through the videos and interviews and preview articles to find the quote.

18. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

I hope golfballs don't fall throught the skybox. I was thinking of a KoTH variant where everyone rolls around on them for points but they only have close range weapons. You get 2 points per kill and a point every second in the hill. Maybe some flag grenades for effect. If you fell off the ball you would die.

On second thought, I'm going to ressurect an old favorite of mine from Mario Party. Basically, last man standing on a ball wins. You would have to roll around and bump people off. Would be hilarisous.

That's the only mini-game idea I have, plenty of competitive ones to keep me busy in case golfballs can fall through.

19. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

I am aware of my picture being broken.
    Hence the "EDIT" haha

EDIT: Re-uploaded it on Photobucket.
    [​IMG]

20. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Oh you mean the minigame you said you wanted me to help you with in Foundry but never got back to me on?

::mumbles under breath::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.