Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

I dunno, I'm calling shenanigans on those pics from that dude's Fileshare.

Just because they're in his Fileshare doesn't mean they're not still photoshopped. I mean, hello? We know people are capable of sticking whatever the hell they like on their Fileshare's if they really want to. Seeing a picture in someone's Fileshare doesn't lead me to believe the pics are any more "real" than if someone had just randomly sent me an ImageShack link.

The lasers thing MIGHT be true but I call into question these two pics:

[​IMG]

That's clearly meant to give you the impression that the crypt is pretty damn big. Well Bungie said it wasn't supposed to be a huge area - The perfect size for Griffball was their comparison. Well that would be FAR too big for Griffball. When you compare that picture to an Official one from Bungie the perspectives just don't seem to add up to me.

Official Pic - Spot the difference! (Psst, one of them's real!)

[​IMG]

Now to the other "Forged" pic - cwotididther?

[​IMG]

Wow, I can't see how people could think this is real. For starters the Golf Club is a SCENERY object, hello? You don't equip scenery! It would surely HAVE to be in either equipment or weapons. The shear logistics of it is just silly. It's like saying "Oh I bet we can equip the golf ball like a grenade and throw it at people" - It's that level of ridiculousness.

Furthermore, Grass? Er, no, just no. And a cup that goes INTO THE GROUND!? Yeah cause we could have objects that physically burrow a hole into the floor of map geometry, yu huh. I'm sorry but that pic is just so completely unbelievable in the world of Forge, no matter how you slice it.

Oh and the golf ball casts a shadow but the flag poll doesn't eh? That's not totally inconsistent or anything...That AND, as far as I'm aware, the shadows that are cast in Halo 3 are always very dark (like on the Blue Spartan) not very light, like on the golf ball.

Infact, pressing on the shadows more. They're not even going in the same direction! The shadow for the golf ball is in front, but the shadow for the spartan is behind! Wow, just wow...

2. Shad0w Viper

Shad0w Viper YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!!
    Forge Critic Senior Member

:( Don't ruin my dreams, I need the crypt to be bigger then foundry for my map to fit. If the crypt turns out to be the size of foundry then I will have to scrape the whole idea.

3. cakeChart

cakeChart Ancient

The shadows actually do match up, if you'll look closer.
    [​IMG]
    The golf ball does form an adequate shadow.

Also, he's holding it in flag stance, but the flag isn't a placeable weapon, now is it? ANd the grass is part of the tin cup, like a mound.

4. MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829 Ancient

I see you can save it to your gallery and create a file set, but I don't see anything about adding screenshots to your file share (that are on someone else's recent screens, not file share)

5. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

The shadow for the golf ball is clearly IN FRONT (or at least more in front than behind) of the ball though. Wheras the shadow for the Spartan is clearly BEHIND the player - That's what I was getting at, as well as the difference in Opacity.

Oh and the Flag still isn't a "Scenery" object though is it :p It's part of the "Goals" list. It was the "Scenery" issue I was trying to point out.

OK so the Tin Cup Might (MIGHT) theoretically be able to have grass as part of it but what about the fact it's actually IN the ground and has created a HOLE in the ground. So you're saying Bungie has given us a magical object that can dig holes in the map geometry?

Puuuuuuuuuuhlease.

6. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary

No the mound of dirt is covered in grass. The cup is inside the mound. If you look its obviously not flat with the ground, it is raised up.

I'm not saying these are real or fake, I'm just supporting the fact that it is a possibility.

7. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

We don't know how deep that hole goes, it might very well end where the ground ends. The golf club leaves me completely puzzled though.

8. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

OH NOW I SEE!

I didn't realise that grass was supposed to be a mound (hill). I thought it was just all flat and that the top of that cup was at ground level.

Yeah I can see how it COULD be possible now, the cup at least...

I'm still gonna be overall sceptical though, because, well, I don't like to admit I could be wrong! :D

I'd love it to be true though btw 'cause it would be freakin' awesome.

9. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

10. RightSideTheory

Glad I could help out a little bit :D

But yes, Its a real possiblity thats what the tin cup looks like.
    And I suppose the golfball's shadow might look ligher (does the soccerball have a light shadow?)
    But I don't really know about the golf club. It looks legit, but it is just a little bit odd.

11. dangerbyrnes

dangerbyrnes Ancient

you know i was really hoping that tremors would come out of the ground and eat you if you left the boundary

then you could play real tremor's and mouse

12. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

lolwut?
    anyway, i dont think they'll let us use golf clubs.it makes no sense. though it would be nice to have a colliseum where you fight with golfclubs.....

13. arrrghSAM

arrrghSAM Ancient

I'm really surprised you guys doubt the screenshots.

1. He has recon, therefore is either staff of some sort or a close friend of the staff (Considering he's played on the entire Mythic pack)

Proof of him playing on the Mythic maps is here -

Halo 3 Player Details

He definitely at least knows the Bungie staff if he isn't one of them, considering in this match, he played with Sketch and a few other members of Bungie staff, and quite a few people in those matches have Recon.
    I highly doubt these are fake.

Halo 3 Game Details

I definitely say it's all real.

14. OrangE BloB

OrangE BloB Ancient

wow, this is great new stuff, and anyway, why would bungie make a golf club just for scenery, and bungie made a grav... gravhammer whacks soccer ball
    GRAV HAMMER>SOCCER BALL
    GOLF CLUB>GOLF BALL
    GOLF BALL>TIN CUP

15. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Gameplay vids are up on IGN, including some Forge!!

Linksauce

16. RightSideTheory

Great find man. Its nice to see some of the stuff we heard about Sandbox in action. The sky bubble looked extra winsauce.

Offtopic: Orbital looked amazing aswell.

17. Moltenslowa

Moltenslowa Ancient

Dear nonbelievers...and buddhacrane,

Eat. Your. Words.
    :D

Here's hoping that all flags on Sandbox will become red and blue golf clubs!
    (It's also on the Bungie Blog, so I think that verifies it's truth)

18. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Yay for vids. Both default sandbox and orbital look pretty awesome for gameplay. From what I saw of assembly, it looked kinda CC, but we'll have to see.

And buddah, the picture bungie released that has the caption "for a sense of scale, triangulate", the spartan is about the same size as the picture u called shennaigans on. I think the grifball picture may have been taken from camera zoom.

19. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

Wow I can't wait for all these maps. Thats a long way down to the crypt and even further up for the sky bubble. Anyone know how tall the sky part is suppose to be and is the middle's sky high enough to reach the sky?

20. RightSideTheory

There is a death barrier when you fall from above in the sky bubble, and a normal barrier when you start up from the middle of the map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.