Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

i hope they expand the custom variant slots, or i'll have to delets some of my maps. :(

2. Glitch100

Glitch100 Ancient

I doubt they will increase the limit... :/
    Still, just delete maps you don't play, i doubt you play all of your maps. Think of the goodness that will be coming from these new bad boy variants people will be making :D

3. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

has anyone else considered a 300 map? with like the spartans have 6 men and the persians have 10? and then there would be a pass the spartans would spawn in, and get custom powerups that give them overshields.

4. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

Actually I play all of the maps that I have saved... mainly because I host TGIAD (Thank God It's Asian Day)...

5. Rhinestorm

Rhinestorm Ancient

The height until the angled walls is the same height as the height of Foundry.

6. Matty

Matty Ancient

Gaining interest and having fun take priority over usability and reliability with Bungie.

It's excusable.

7. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

In the update, the interview made it sound like the three levels were not traversable in game. Maybe for a monitor, but not for spartan, especially in custom games. I hope that we can move between layers in one game, but the interview shed doubt on that. Anyone care to elaborate?

Also, for anyone else who complains out there. Instead of concentrating on one aspect you don't have at your disposal, think about all the limiltess possibilites you do have. Isn't it just silly to complain when we have so much we can do. Make the most of what we have, which should keep us entertained with forge for a long time to come. I doubt we'll be able to reach sandbox's full potential.

8. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

I don't see why you guys are complaining about the curved walls. The walls are 90 degrees from the floor until it gets a bit higher. Then the walls are slanted. I remember someone saying this earlier in the thread but infection games would be awesome. The humans would spawn at the bottom and the zombies would come in through the hole.

9. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

Yeah, they are the same size as foundry. I am disgusted that this kid could possibly complain. Bungie gives us a huge normal map, a skybubble, and the crypt this guy finds away to complain. Use the angled walls to your advantage. Most people will be making infections down here but I have my ideas for competitive.

What people didn't realize with foundry is that you have got to take advantage of its geometry. The angled walls are aesthetically perfect for the kind of map I am making.

10. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

I remember it saying that you can't fly for example with a banshee between the levels, but I think you can still teleport in between... I think the only way to get to the sky box is to teleport.

11. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Alright, that's what I wanted to know. It's alright if you can teleport between levels, but it would be nice if you could drop down the hole to the bottom of the crypt from sandbox's middle level.

12. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

But there is a hole that you go through to get to the Crypt. Most likely we will be able to just drop down through the hole if it is not there in a map variant.

13. Val

Val Ancient

I can promise you that its MUCH harder to do remakes. original maps are usually easier, because you can change the design over and over until you get it right. In terms of creativity id say that original maps are better. Forging on a budget and trying to get it aesthetically correct is a great challenge

14. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

You could always get inspiration from older maps kinda like Guardian.

15. Moniter117

Moniter117 Ancient

The crypt looks pretty good for some easier made MLG maps. No more spending an hour perfectly blocking off foundry and using half the objects.

16. Moniter117

Moniter117 Ancient

I wonder if you have to block of the hole to make a map without getting into the crypt.

17. Matty

Matty Ancient

If you look at the top of the crypt image, the tunnel ends.

Leads me to believe that there is a teleporter that links the middle and lower levels, and not just a straight path.

18. Moniter117

Moniter117 Ancient

Remeber in the update they said "explorers can take a leap of faith down the ominous chute into the interior of the Crypt". so it could be either way.

19. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

though it would be sick to be able to drop from the middle to the crypt like 200 ft below

20. Moniter117

Moniter117 Ancient

First I would liketo point out that the tunnel ends at the top.
    Second look at the object circled in the corner, Haven't seen that before..
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.