Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

There aren't enough forge objects in the world that could recreate that map. Well I guess there could be... but not realistically.

I hope some folks will be building new, original layouts. Remakes are fun and all, but I really hope we start cranking out some creativity pretty soon here.

2. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

A remake of a Gears of War map?

3. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

*facepalm*

4. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

Omg someone make derelict!!!

5. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Oh noes, I maed teh Draw Teh Line hit hisself.

But on a serious note, Im sure remakes will only be done by a few. Tons of new ideas (relatively) will flow in once the actual map is released and people get to see what they can play around with.

6. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Remakes will be done by two kinds of people: people without the confidence to do their own designs, and people who actually can forge, but feel an obligation to the community to produce the quality remakes people have been clamoring for.

Both groups will likely get their remakes out of the way quickly, and then do something special.

7. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

I'd say it would be harder to make remakes rather than original maps. Why? Well, you have to take into consideration that you have to replicate almost exactly what the classic map looks like. Let's say for Lockout. Everyone likes those special jumps, the library window, and the above ceiling to bank grenades off of. If you wanted to make a good remake of Lockout, you would have to spend a lot of time replicating those aspects.

As for your own map, you're not trying to replicate anything. You have it all in your head.

I'm not saying that it's hard to make original maps. I'm just saying that actually remaking maps is a bit harder.

8. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

If Gephyrophobia and Boarding Action are remade I will be extremely happy, other maps idc about.

9. LIGHTSOUT225

meh. its much easier to forge when you have a plan/reference to go by. What's hard is creating those special aspects in your own, new map.

10. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

I can't wait to see the things from other games that get brought into Halo, to be honest. Imagine someone recreating... say... the second level from Super Mario 64 in Halo. Wouldn't that be really awesome? Or perhaps a true-scale version of the Mario Kart classic Rainbow Road for Mongoose Racing? I'm just in awe at the possibilities.

11. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

Didn't happen to notice anyone post any of the stuff from the new update so I'm posting this.

[​IMG]

And more stuff in the link below...

The gallery

12. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

Whoa, at first I thought it was a birds eye view.. i was like wtf??

13. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

I counted that to be about 32x32 grid squares, which would be about 16 boxes either way. I also think it's about 5 stories to the curved roof. I initially thought it was extremely small, but some pictures depict it as big. The one captioned triangulate in particular.

14. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Funny how a portion of Sandbox could be higher then Foundry.

Subsequently making this a forge-God. Finally, Bungie has made the adaption from Map-editor, to Map-maker. This single construct will spawn maps that will revolutionize ways we even play Halo. No longer are we cut short, and beating around the bush. We have all the equipment, and all the space. I'm anticipating every single map, from every single player. A diverse map database will be created, at our controllers command.

15. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

The 100 Custom Variant slots will be raped as a consequence.

16. oberlin

oberlin Ancient

And Jesus, I've already GOT 94 content items.

17. lunatic

lunatic Ancient

The good thing about these remakes is that we probably won't have to crush them down just to fit (Like we did for foundry). Btw, do you really think we could REMAKE narrows. It does sound dumb, but I wanna see how far this BEYAWTCH can go.

18. oberlin

oberlin Ancient

I can see it now: The Sniper Ring

A nice, flat ring in the sky bubble. Rather narrow. Everyone starts with sniper rifles. Suicides worth -5.

IT WOULD NEVER END

19. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

I have an idea that will turn all 3 levels into 1. I'll draw it up and post it tomorrow.

20. oberlin

oberlin Ancient

Get the **** outta here.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is CTF where the bases are connected by those tunnel pieces, or maybe an Infection match where the whole thing is one twisty, turny tunnel. Invisible zombies, humans have shotguns. The OHSHIT factor of that would be intense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.